Meet your guide at your hotel to pick you up by a comfy air-conditioned vehicle early in the morning (at around 8am). The adventure begins outside Salakos village, from a path that leads to the top of "Profitis Ilias" Mountain. The mountain is mostly covered with Mediterranean herbs, such as thyme, rosemary, sage and oregano, pine trees and cypresses. Orchids can also be found in the pinewoods after winter time. Birds and reptiles like geckos belong to the mountains fauna. The Mediterranean herbs smell is magical and the view to the plains and the sea exceptional! After hiking through the forest for approximately 2 hours, you arrive at "Fountoukli", a beautiful site with two highlights: the famous "Koskinsiti" spring, where you have the opportunity to cool off and drink water and the historical chapel of St. Nikolaos (Monastery of Fountoukli) that is preserved since the Middle Age. The scenery is ideal to enjoy a traditional picnic out on the fields. After the picnic, you visit "Elafos" area, with a beautiful resort and other settlements that were built during the Italian occupation. At about 3pm the hiking trip comes to an end and you are transfered back to the hotel by 4pm approximately.
- Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Hotel pickup Available
- Free Cancellation
- Duration: 8 Hrs
Departure Time :
8am approx. hotel pick up Monday to Sunday Need to be outside the hotel entrance 10 minutes before the start time Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
Departure Details :
Hotel pick up (for hotels located within 15kms from Rhodes city). For hotels located further, pick up is available upon request. , If hotel pick up is not selected, departure location "Salakos" .. read more
Return Details :
Hotel drop off (for hotels located within 15kms from Rhodes city). For hotels located further, drop off is available upon request. If hotel pick up & drop off is not selected: "Salakos.. read more
OverviewHike the 3rd highest mountain in Rhodes Island, "Profitis Ilias" yet the most attractive place in terms of flora! Walk through trails full of Mediterranean herbs, such as thyme, rosemary, sage and oregano, cool off at the famous "Koskinsiti" spring, enjoy a traditional picnic out on the fields and admire the historical chapel of "St. Nikolaos" (Monastery of "Fountoukli") that is preserved since the Middle Age. You also pass by "Elafos" area, a former italian settlement with beautiful traditional buildings.
- Local taxes
- Viator brokerage fee
- Drinks (one refreshment or one draft beer or one glass of wine per person)
- Bottled water
- Picnic with local treats ("mezedes" such as feta cheese, eggplant salad, fresh eggs, hand made pie, meat balls, chickpeas pies (pittaroudia), tzatziki, traditional bread, olives. ALL made by Greek olive oil).
- Snack localy made by honey and sesame.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option selected) for hotels located within 15kms from Rhodes city. For hotels located further, pick up & drop off are available upon request.
- Private tour / Small-group tour
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
- Hiking equipment
Know More about this tour
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by adults
Not recommended for children aged 10 and under
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Operated by a guide in english and french (upon request)
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
A minimum of two people per booking is required
A maximum of seven people per booking. It is offered for more than 7 persons, pricing upon request.
Not recommended for participants with mobilty limitation
Hiking Difficulty level: moderate
Length: 7 km (2,5 hours approx. of hiking)
Duration: ~8 hours (totally)
A current valid passport is required on the day of the tour
Sportswear, sunscreens, hats and a camera.
Season: Recommended from April to end of June & September to early November. July and August are very hot, so it is recommended either very early in the morning or afternoon after 6pm with program adaptations
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.