A day trip to Hilo is not complete without a visit to Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, home to one of the world's most active volcanoes, Kilauea Volcano. View volcanic activity at the summit of the volcano, experience the rainforest and walk out amongst hardened lava flows and take a trip through an ancient lava tube. Conclude your day with the beautiful sights around Hilo town including Rainbow Falls and a Black Sand Beach on this small group tour.
- Fully narrated tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Small group ensures personal service
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- Lunch included
- All entrance fees included
Know More about this tour
Begin your day with a drive through old sugar plantation towns on your way up the mountain slope to Kilauea Volcano. Explore Hawaii Volcanoes National Park including a visit to the steam vents and viewing of the active Halema'uma'u crater where molten lava is brewing just under the crater floor. Take a walk along the crater rim and through the rainforest to Thurston Lava Tube. View other volcanic formations and older lava flows along the Chain of Craters Road.
Enjoy a delicious picnic lunch before heading back to Hilo town.
Highlights of Hilo including a stop at a local chocolate factory, a drive through downtown Hilo to Rainbow Falls, and visit a black sand beach to scout for Hawaiian green sea turtles.
Learn about the Hawaiian culture, history and geology of the islands on this small group tour. Your personal guide will provide narration throughout the tour. This is a day in Hilo not to be missed!
Inclusions for Hilo Shore Excursion: Active Volcano Waterfall Black Sand Beach
- Professional guide
- Entrance fees to National Park
- Bottled water
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Hilo Airport and Hilo Hotel area pick-up and drop-off
Exclusions for Hilo Shore Excursion: Active Volcano Waterfall Black Sand Beach
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
For a one DAY TRIP to the Big Island, please make your travel arrangements to and from the Hilo International Airport.
Children must be accompanied by an adultInfant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved (walking trails are optional)
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately (be prepared for sun, wind and rain)
Covered walking shoes are required and a rain jacket is recommended
At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
We highly recommend accommodations in the Hilo area to get the most out of your tour. If you are staying in Kona, we will do our best to accommodate your request for pick-up however we will contact you if we need to
For CRUISE SHIP passengers, we pick-up directly at Hilo Harbor and will adjust the tour time as needed to accommodate your ships time in port.
For a one day trip to the Big Island, please make your travel arrangements to and from the Hilo International Airport.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.