Historic Bari Bike TourWrite a Review
OverviewEnjoy a 3-hour historic bike tour of Bari. Tour includes the visit to two museums among: succorpo of the Cathedral, to appreciate underground Roman walls and crypt; Archaeological museum of Santa Scolastica, to find out the traces of Peuceti, the first inhabitants of the city; Swebian Castle, to see the collection of plaster casts and temporary art exhibitions; Palazzo Simi, a palace built on a Byzantine church, to admire ancient pottery; Civic Museum, to evoke the atmosphere of the city from the Renaissance period to the present days.
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Cycle the city streets to absorb the local atmosphere
- All entrance fees included
Know More about this tourExplore Bari and discover its unassuming twists and corners with an expert local guide.
After pickup form your hotel or port, you'll cycle and walk through ancient roads and underground channels. You begin in the old town, where you'll stop at the Basilica of Saint Nicholas and tour its precious crypt. From here you'll visit the Succorpo of the Cathedral, where you'll learn about underground Roman walls, then visit the Archaeological Museum of Santa Scolastica, where you'll trace history back to the Peuceti, or first inhabitants of the city. From here you'll stop at the Swebian Castle, where you'll take in the collection of plaster casts and rotating art exhibitions. At Palazzo Simi, your next stop, you'll learn why the palace was built on top of a Byzantine church and admire ancient pottery. Moving on to the Civic Museum, you'll learn about Bari's history from the Renaissance period to today. Your tour ends in the modern French part of the city along the famous sea-side, where you'll cycle past opera theaters, luxury shopping streets, and lively squares. Stop here to taste local products before being dropped back at your hotel or port.
Inclusions for Historic Bari Bike Tour
- Entrance fees
- Food tasting
- Local guide
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Use of bicycle
- Use of helmet
Exclusions for Historic Bari Bike Tour
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
Children must be accompanied by an adult
May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
All passenger heights MUST be advised at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.