Historic Charleston Carriage Ride
OverviewTravel by horse-drawn carriage along the picturesque streets of Charleston and take in the history of this South Carolina city. See highlights such as historically significant homes, churches and gardens while listening to informative commentary about the citys role in the Civil War from your knowledgeable guide. Enjoy the relaxed pace of a carriage tour as you soak up the southern charm of Charleston.
- Romantic experience, perfect for couples
- Family friendly
- Treat a loved one on a special occasion
Know More about this tourOn a carriage drawn by magnificent Belgian and Percheron draft horses, travel with Old South Carriagethrough historic districts of Charleston to learn about the history of the Holy City.
Meet your carriage on Anson Street near the City Market for your 1-hour tour with your knowledgeable guide. Listen to fascinating historical facts and entertaining local stories as your carriage glides through 300 years of history.
Your journey takes you back to the colonial beginnings of Charleston as you pass old churches and antebellum mansions surrounded by lush gardens. Stop outside historic homes such as the Aiken-Rhett House, which was built in 1818 and became the residence of the 61st governor of South Carolina. Be sure to have your camera ready for to snap photos of Charlestons many picturesque homes and gardens.
While the beautiful homes offer captivating stories, the horse that pulls your carriage provides another highlight of your tour. The horse is much like the draft horses that worked on American farms in the early 1800s. These handsome animals are carefully looked after by their handlers, have regular weeks off and get several months per year to run free on a 65-acre (26-hectare) plantation located just 8 miles (13 km) from their Charleston stables.
Expect to cover more than 2.5 miles (4 km) and 30 blocks of historical homes. At the end of your 1-hour tour, your guide returns you to your starting point where you can make your way to your next destination.
Inclusions for Historic Charleston Carriage Ride
- 1-hour carriage tour
Exclusions for Historic Charleston Carriage Ride
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please note: you MUST check-in 15-minutes prior to your scheduled tour time. Failure to do so may result in your reservation being cancelled with out refund.
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
Carriage can transport up to 16 passengers per departure.
Children 3 years and under are free provided that they sit on the lap of a parent or guardian. If you want your child to have a seat, you must purchase a child seat.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.