Historic Georgetown Walking Tour - Washington D. C.Write a Review
OverviewBeginning in the 1700s, Georgetown was the economic and social center for the area that would later become our nation's capital. Many different groups and characters have cycled through this small town, all of whom left their marks with buildings, homes and churches. On this 2-hour walking tour, you'll weave you through the mysteries and legends with your guide who will provide you with a sense of the history of this still thriving port town. See homes once owned by the Kennedy and Lincoln families, the Old Stone House, Georgetown University, and Tudor Place Mansion.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Fully narrated tour
Know More about this tourAfter meeting your guide at the Georgetown Waterfront Park at the corner of 31st and K St NW, at 2pm, you'll begin a walking tour of historic Georgetown which will include stops outside of many historic homes in Georgetown. See homes previously inhabited by the Kennedys, Lincolns and many other prominent families. Each stop includes about 5 to 10 minutes of narration and an examination of some of the architectural styles of the buildings. There will be plenty of opportunity for avid photographers to document the sites. Some of the specific houses you'll see are the Old Stone House, Martin’s Tavern, Georgetown University and Tudor Place Mansion.
The tour will end at Georgetown University, around 37th and O St NW at around 4pm.
Inclusions for Historic Georgetown Walking Tour
- Walking tour
- Professional guide
Exclusions for Historic Georgetown Walking Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Entrance fees (not required for tour)
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 4 years
Not wheelchair accessible
Please arrive at least 10 minutes prior to departure for check-in
Walking is approximately for 1 mile with some hills
Operates in most weather conditions; please dress appropriately. Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
You might also like
- Viator VIP: Best Of DC Including US Capitol And National Archives Reserved Access, The White House And Lincoln Memorial
- Capitol Hill And DC Monuments Tour By Electric Cart
- International Spy Museum
- Diplomatic Day Tour - Small Group Bus Tour
- Architecture Tour Of The National Mall
- City Sightseeing Washington DC
- Deluxe Half Day Tour Of DC With Reserved US Capitol Entry
- Private Arrival Transfer: Washington Dulles International Airport To Hotel
- Private Departure Transfer: Hotel To Washington Dulles International Airport