Historic Plymouth Luxury One Day Private Guided Tour From DevonWrite a Review
OverviewA one day luxury private guided tour to experience Plymouth's historic maritime heritage and world class waterfront, including the Barbican, Plymouth Hoe and Royal William Yard before your choice of the visiting the Plymouth Gin distillery, cruising on Plymouth Sound, a tour of historic Mount Edgcumbe or going on board a decommissioned Nuclear submarine.
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Hotel pickup included
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Comprehensive tour of the city
Know More about this tourThis tour is for a maximum of 7 people in a luxury Land Rover Discovery. You will be collected from your hotel by your local guide, and you will journey to Plymouth where you will step on to the world famous Plymouth Hoe with its panoramic views and stunning historical significance. Hear about Drake and the Armada, see Smeatons Tower the iconic lighthouse which once stood on the fearsome Eddystone reef 14 miles offshore as well as numerous other tales of this great seafaring City.
You then arrive at the Barbican visiting the Mayflower Steps and museum, seeing the Elizabethan House and visiting the place where it is said the Pilgrim fathers had their last meal before setting out for the new world in 1620. Next your guide will drive you to the historic Royal William Yard, the stunning collection of grade one listed buildings that used to supply the provisions for the Royal Navy. A short walk visits places of real historic significance, including the spot where a voyage once left which changed our whole understanding of the world around. Lunch at one of the many excellent eateries at the RWY (not included in the price).
You've got a fantastic choice for the afternoon (subject to availability included in the price, to be pre-booked). Choose from the following options:
Tour of the historic Naval dockyard including a rare opportunity to go on board a decommissioned nuclear submarine
Guided tour of the Plymouth Gin Distillery, one of the oldest in the world
Visit of the historic Mount Edgcumbe with its grade one listed landscape and centuries of history and maybe try your hand at divining
Sightseeing trip on Plymouth Sound, viewing the City from the sea, and seeing the modern day fleet at the Devonport Royal Naval Base
Afterwards, depending on time and hotel location there may be a chance to visit some other significant sites, before returning to your hotel.
Inclusions for Historic Plymouth Luxury One Day Private Guided Tour From Devon
- Entrance fees
- Bottled water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Transport by private vehicle
Exclusions for Historic Plymouth Luxury One Day Private Guided Tour From Devon
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 18 years (for Plymouth Gin afternoon tour option only)
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required
A current valid passport is required on the day of travel for the Naval base tour option only
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
A maximum of 7 people per booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.