OverviewJoin an action packed day out showcasing the very best of the Tasman Peninsula. Enjoy a spectacular cliff top walk, the captivating history of Port Arthur and stroll through picturesque Richmond, with a few other local stops along the way.
- All entrance fees included
- Small-group tour by minibus
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
Know More about this tourDepart Hobart in the early morning to start your Port Arthur day trip with the drive to the stunning Tasman Peninsula, home to Australia’s highest sea cliffs.
Enjoy panoramic views of the area from Pirates Bay Lookout; see the interesting Tasman Arch and Devils Kitchen rock formations; and take a short but spectacular walk along one of Tasmania’s 'Great Short Walks,' the Waterfall Bay cliff-top track. From here, head to Port Arthur Historic Site, where you have about four hours to explore. Your entry includes a harbor cruise around Isle of the Dead and a guided walking tour with one of the site’s expert guides.
Try to imagine the sense of isolation experienced by the convicts who once inhabited this 'inescapable prison,' and discover the grim and violent history of the early Australian penal system. Walk through the main penitentiary, and see the solitary confinement cells and other buildings in this open-air museum and World Heritage site.
The return drive to Hobart takes you into the historical township of Richmond, where you have a bit of time to walk around and cross Australia’s oldest bridge still in use—a convict-built sandstone bridge reported to be haunted. Last but not least, before re-entering Hobart, stop for a view of the city from a local lookout point.
Inclusions for Historic Port Arthur Day Trip From Hobart Including Cliff Top Walk To Waterfall Bay
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Entry to Port Arthur Historic Site with cruise and guided walking tour
Exclusions for Historic Port Arthur Day Trip From Hobart Including Cliff Top Walk To Waterfall Bay
- Food and drinks (please pre-purchase, or there will be an opportunity to purchase on tour)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 8 years
A small amount of walking is involved; a suitable level of general health and fitness and physical abilities is essential
Tour operator provides accurate interpretation, and keeps wildlife disturbance to a minimum by viewing from appropriate distances and informing guests how to view wildlife with patience and respect. Activities are always confined to tracks and boardwalks to minimize negative impacts
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Full-Day Sailing Cruise From Hobart
- Private Port Arthur Historic Site Day Trip From Hobart
- Private Richmond Food And Wine Day Trip From Hobart
- Private Mt Field National Park Day Trip From Hobart Including Salmon Ponds And Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary
- Private Bruny Island Nature Day Trip From Hobart
- Private Mt Wellington, Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary And Richmond Day Trip From Hobart
- Hobart Historic Walking Tour
- Old Hobart Pub Walking Tour
- Private Mt Wellington And Tahune Airwalk Day Trip From Hobart
- 3-Day Small Group Bruny Island Guided Walk From Hobart