Historic Private Walking Tour Of London
OverviewLeave the regular tourist trail behind and get immersed in the hidden alleys, courts, and secrets of London'samazing history. The City of London (or Square Mile) is the capitals historic heart with a rich and varied history stretching back over 2000 years.Many of the road layouts go back to Roman and medieval times, and you will explore the sights and tales that make this city so special.This tour is perfect for those that want to discover the hidden history and fascinating stories of London's past.Tudor houses that escaped the Great Fire of LondonStop for a drink in an underground Pub dating to the 13th CenturySee The hidden Courts and Alleys that inspired Charles DickensView Roman mosaics deep in a Church CryptA bespoke, tour at your pace** Children Under 16 GoFree When Accompanied by Paying Adult - Max 4 Children**
Know More about this tour
Many visitors to London come to the old city area to visit the Tower of London, or St Paul's Cathedral, but rarely venture off into London's most historic quarter. Let's go to the hidden gems that escape most tourists, (and many Londoners)
Let usleave the regular tourist trail behind and get ourselves immersed in the hidden alleys, courts, and secret gems of London's
amazing history.London is in fact two Cities the City of Westminster and the City of London. The City of London is the capitals historic heart with a rich, varied and often bloody history stretching back over 2000 years.
Crossing the boundary from the City of Westminster into the City of London we will soon be transported back hundreds of years to discover -
Ancient Alleys and courts with strange stories to tell
The Church that contains a Roman pavement and mosaics. It was also the inspiration for tiered Wedding cakes!
The Cornhill Devils perched high above the city workers below
Underground Pub that survived the Great Fire of London
Plus many more sites revealing the unique and interesting history of this area.
As always with my tours, I am your personal guide and if you have certain interests Ican tailor the tour for you. Everything is at your pace, and a sense of curiosity is highly encouraged! If we spot something of particular interest to you we can stop and check it out. No formal time limits, or strict schedules, I want you to have the best experience possible!
This tour can be completed entirely on foot. But having an Oyster Card for the tube or day travel card is handy as we can cover more sites, and give your legs a rest between points of interest. (But this is optional and I can assist)
For those with mobility problems I am more than happy to assist with Wheelchairs, or adapt the tour to suit your personal needs.
Inclusions for Historic Private Walking Tour Of London
- Professional guide
- Private tour
- Walking tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Historic Private Walking Tour Of London
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Moderate walking - Please inform if you have any mobility issues
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- London Hop-On Hop-Off Tour and Madame Tussauds Entry Ticket
- London Hop-On Hop-Off Bus and London Eye Ticket
- London Combo: Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Tour and Shrek's Adventure Admission Ticket
- London Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Tour and Tower of London Ticket
- Vegan Food Tour Experience in London
- Private Departure Transfer:Central London to London Heathrow Airport for Up to 5 Passengers
- Private Departure Transfer:Central London to London Heathrow Airport for Up to 3 Passengers
- Activity and Yoga Retreat