OverviewHear about local legends and shocking scandals on this fascinating night tour of Savannah's historic pubs and taverns. Your entertaining guide will lift the genteel mask of Savannah to reveal haunting and titillating pieces of the Georgia city's past. Walk around the old colonial part of the Savannah Historic District, stopping to visit eight pubs including Churchill's Pub and Molly MacPherson's. You'll be able to purchase drinks at discounted rates at these historic watering holes. This 2-hour tour is an ideal way to learn about Savannah's colorful history while checking out some of its best pubs.
Know More about this tourYour night tour of historic Savannah pubs begins in the northern part of its National Landmark Historic District, the largest such district in America. Walk along cobblestone streets amid silvery fronds of Spanish moss as you listen to your informative guide share tales of Savannah's turbulent past. Learn about the two massive fires and yellow fever outbreak that ravaged Savannah. Hear how General Sherman was so charmed by the lovely city that he spared it and offered it to President Lincoln as a Christmas present.
Your guide will also tell you about the local legends, racy scandals and scintillating secrets of this almost 300-year-old city. Along the way, stop in at historic pubs such as Churchill's Pub and Molly MacPherson's and learn the part each plays in Savannah's colorful history. Indulge in drink specials at the pubs (own expense) and soak up the local culture.
During your easy 2-hour walking tour, you'll cover a total of about one mile (1.6 km). Your tour will conclude at a pub in downtown Savannah, where you can easily continue your night on the town on your own.
Inclusions for Historic Savannah Tavern Tour
- Fully Narrated Guided Tour
- Visit variety of Savannah bars, pubs & Taverns
- Learn about local legend and lore
- Stroll America’s largest National Landmark Historic District
- Walk through the old colonial part of the historic District
- Gain insight into the City’s culture
Exclusions for Historic Savannah Tavern Tour
- Food and drinks (alcoholic beverages available at discounted rates on this tour)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough participants to meet requirements. In this event, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
Wear comfortable shoes
Wheelchair accessible (but due to cobblestone roads and high curbs, it still can be difficult to navigate; call supplier to discuss needs)
All participants must be at least 21 years of age
Please dress appropriately for the weather, which may include rain
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.