See the Souths deep history first-hand on this historic tour of Tennessee, departing from Nashville by charter bus. On this guided experience, youll explore Southern plantations and presidential estates as well as learn about prominent Nashville and Civil War history. Hear Nashvilles storied past on a guided tour of the Belle Meade Plantation and Andrew Jacksons manor, The Hermitage. History buffs wont want to miss this.
- History buffs wonâÂÂÂÂt want to miss this.
Know More about this tour
Your 6.5-hour Tennessee history tour begins with a comfortable charter bus ride to the stately manor of Andrew Jackson, The Hermitage. Home of the seventh U.S. president, historians consider President Jackson’s Hermitage the best preserved early presidential home. Explore its quarters just as President Jackson and his staff did back in 1836.
Stroll the lovely formal gardens, then visit the slave quarters, the estate’s original 1804 cabin and the sight where this president and his wife were laid to rest. Afterward, lunch is on your own accord at the on-site historic Hermitage Smorgasbord, offering a traditional Southern Buffet, including dessert. From there, continue on your chartered bus ride to the Belle Meade Mansion.
Known as the Queen of the Tennessee Plantations, the Belle Meade Plantation was the centerpiece of a 5,200-acre estate, world-renowned as a thoroughbred stud farm and nursery in the 19th century. It’s a prime example of Southern Greek Revival Antebellum architecture. The present 30-acre site features 10 outbuildings which include an 1832 slave cabin and a colossal carriage house and stables.
The day comes to a leisurely close with a wine tasting session at the Winery at Belle Meade Plantation in the afternoon. Sip the estate’s wines, such as chardonnay and cabernet, while enjoying views of the vineyards, then board the bus to return to Nashville.
Inclusions for Historic Tennessee - Southern Plantations And Presidents
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Guided sightseeing tour
- All admissions
Exclusions for Historic Tennessee - Southern Plantations And Presidents
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.