Historic Walking Tour Of Mumbai Through Apollo Gate And The Front Bay
OverviewJoin a highly experienced English-speaking guide in exploring rediscovering the birth of Mumbai, as we know it. The walk begins in the European Renaissance style Ballard Estate business district with its perfect avenues and streets reminiscent of Victorian London. The tour also visits Town Hall, which houses the Asiatic Society Library of Mumbai and the Horniman Circle Garden, the Flora Fountain circle and the 275 year old Indian Naval Dockyard, finally ending at the Gateway of India. All guests receive complimentary lemonade and energy bars.
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Free snacks included
- Instant Confirmation
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
Know More about this tour
Heres a chance to go back in time, to 350 years ago, when there was no Mumbai, just one small island of Bombay. The meeting point for the walk is at Indira Gate in Ballard Estate, Mumbai from where you will be accompanied by an expert local guide.
The British East India Company realized the importance of Bombays perfect natural harbor. Deep enough to accommodate 150 ships and with a natural fortification in the form of mainland India, Bombay was perfect for the companys operations. And so, with the company renting the islands from the Crown, for 10/- annually, Bombays illustrious history began.
The 3-hourwalk begins at 8:30am in the European Renaissance style Ballard Estate business district, with its perfect avenues and streets reminiscent of Victorian London. See the famous Town Hall which houses the Asiatic Society Library of Mumbai and the Horniman Circle Garden. Walk down to the Flora Fountain circle which, in some very queer ways, resembles Londons Piccadilly Circus. Walk past the 275-year-old Indian Naval Dockyard with its beautiful mural representing the first establishments on the island. Walk through Kala Ghoda- the crescent-shaped precinct which is the city's premier art district and also see the famous St Thomas Cathedral.
Finally end the insightful walk at the world famous Gateway of India. The colossal structure is a favorite spot for tourists, always surrounded by vendors, food stalls and photographers.
Showing the city that never sleeps in a new light, this trail undoubtedly offers a great historical insight.
Inclusions for Historic Walking Tour Of Mumbai Through Apollo Gate And The Front Bay
- English-speaking guide
- Energy bar
Exclusions for Historic Walking Tour Of Mumbai Through Apollo Gate And The Front Bay
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Confirm with the tour guide before clicking photographs
Minimum age is 15 years
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.