Historical City Tour Of Santo Domingo
OverviewVisit the oldest city of the New World and Christopher Columbus' first permanent settlement after his "discovery" of the Americas. Declared a UNESCO World Heritage site in 1992, Santo domingo is a city of many "firsts" in the New World, with the first cathedral, paved road, university, hospital, stone home, tavern and more!
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Comprehensive tour of the city
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
Know More about this tourYou will be picked up at your Punta Can hotel in a comfortable, air-conditioned van, mini bus or bus (depending on the group size). You will be greeted by an experienced professional who will be your personal guide from the day's start to finish.
The first stop in the capital will be at the Three Eyes National Park with underground caves and lagoons used by the Taino Indians, the Dominican Republic's original inhabitants. From there, you'll make a quick photo stop at the Columbus Lighthouse, built in 1992 on the 500th anniversary of Christopher Columbus' landing in the New World. Then you will be off to the oldest streets of the Western Hemisphere in Santo Domingo's Colonial Zone, a 16-square block neighborhood oozing with Dominican history and culture.Your first peak at the Colonial Zone comes at the Columbus Palace. Completed in 1514, it was the home of Christopher Columbus's son, Diego. From the palace you will walk through the historic Plaza de Espana and on to Calle Las Damas, the first paved street of the New World. The ultimate destination is one of the most important sites in the Dominican Republic: the first cathedral.
Lunch will then be served at one of the top Dominican restaurants in Santo Domingo, known for it's excellent home style cooking and typical dance performances by the waiters and waitresses. After lunch, you'll pass by some of the modern areas of the capital and the National Palace where the Dominican president and the highest level government officials have their offices.
At theend the day, you will have some time to visit a spacious gift shop that sells nearly every Dominican keepsake imaginable. With this city tour to Santo Domingo, you'll experience the city's rich history and the daily life of Dominicans in their capital of 3 million inhabitants.
Inclusions for Historical City Tour Of Santo Domingo
- Buffet lunch
- Light refreshments
- Professional art historian guide
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Historical City Tour Of Santo Domingo
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- DVD (available to purchase)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival of cruise ship
Not recommended for participants with back problems
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Santo Domingo City of Firsts Small Group Tour Including Transportation
- Santo Domingo City Day Trip from Punta Cana
- Santo Domingo Colonial (City Tour)
- Bayaguana Countryside Safari by Runners Adventures
- Chocolate Tour - Kah Kow Experience
- Santo Domingo Site Seeing Tour including Wonderful Cave and Local Lunch
- Santo Domingo Island Tour - Beach and Local Lunch
- 4-Hour Caribbean Beach Fun and Relaxation in Boca Chica from Santo Domingo