Historical Hassel Island Kayaking Tour From St Thomas
OverviewThis half-day Historical Hassel Island Tour is the best way to discover the rich history of Hassel Island. Go back in time as your guide takes you through the sites and ruins from the pre-colonial period to the recent past. Hike to reach vistas overlooking the beautiful Charlotte Amalie Harbor, and snorkel along a coral reef learning to identify the marine life that calls this area home. Leave no stone unturned as you delve deep into everything Historic Hassel Island has to offer.
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- Lunch included
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Led by a local guide
- All necessary equipment included
Know More about this tourThe Best of Historic Hassel Island Tour allows an in depth look at the rich cultural history and dynamic wildlife at Hassel Island. From kayaking across historic harbors, to hiking to overlook sites to enjoy a picnic lunch, and finally cooling off at a beach to enjoy snorkeling with your guide, this tour has it all.
It begins at the downtown location at the CYOA Marina on the waterfront of Charlotte Amalie Harbor in historic Frenchtown. After a brief kayaking and safety lesson, you’ll board your kayak, outfitted with all the gear you’ll need to begin your adventure into the clear waters surrounding this fascinating island and exotic marine world.
Kayakers paddle twenty minutes to Fort Willoughby, overlooking the entrance of the majestic harbor. Paddle past Danish and British Colonial ruins and the historic Careening Cove. A brief hike brings you to Fort Willoughby and the Garrison House—Britain's most intact Naval Fort on US Soil from the Napoleonic era, which is currently being considered as a UNESCO WORLD HERITAGE SITE. From there, you will paddle to the Creque Marine Railway, a slipway that employed early iterations of power tools to repair damaged hulls of ships sailing to North America.
Next, you will head to the secluded and picturesque Garden Beach and enjoy a picnic lunch at a scenic spot along the way. The snorkel part of the tour begins here and you can relax in the shade, cool off with a dip in the water, and participate in a guided snorkel along a coral reef. Keep an eye out for colorful reef fish, sponges, and other marine life and learn to identify different species yourself. Your adventure concludes with a 10-minute paddle back to the marina, where you will visit the Historical Frenchtown Museum.
Inclusions for Historical Hassel Island Kayaking Tour From St Thomas
- Professional guide
- Picnic lunch
- Use of snorkel equipment
Exclusions for Historical Hassel Island Kayaking Tour From St Thomas
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Minimum age is 8 years
A moderate to high amount of physical activity is involved, including walking, paddling, and snorkeling
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.