Historical Istanbul Tour In 1-Day
OverviewA perfect introduction to the historical area of Istanbul in 1 day. Conducted by an expert guide, this tour includes the most important sights of the city including the Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia, Topkapi Palace and the Hippodrome. You'll also enjoy a local lunch in the heart of the historical peninsula and finish the tour at the most famous historical shopping center, the Grand Bazaar.
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Lunch included
- All entrance fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Comprehensive tour of the city
Know More about this tourEnjoy a Full Day tour of Sultanahmet Area, the historical center of Istanbul, renowned as a world heritage site by UNESCO. Your local guide will take you to Hagia Sophia. Built in 537 AD as world's first large dome building, Hagia Sophia had been the religious focal point of the Orthodox Church before its conversion into a Muslim Mosque. Admire its unique decoration reflecting the Byzantine and Turkish periods.
Then, enjoy a short walk to the Blue Mosque from the 17th century. The Blue Mosque owes its fame to the exquisite blue Iznik Tiles on its walls. You'll then visit the Hippodrome, located next to the Blue Mosque, where you'll see an Egyptian Obelisk and Serpent Column where once horse chariots races of the Eastern Roman Empire took. Next, you will see the German Fountain which was a gift of Kaiser Wilhelm 2. Listen the stories of his liaison with the orient. The tour will continue to the Grand Bazaar. Following introduction by your professional guide at a recommended store, visit the bazaar at your leisure for shopping at 1,200 spice and gold shops.
After lunch at a local restaurant, visit the amazing Topkapi Palace, which was used as the principle residence of the Turkish Ottoman Empire from 15th to the 19th Century. Get to know this historical landmark accomanied with expert commentaries of your professional guide at the gardens halls where you'll view staggering collection of imperial and religious treasury golden thrones and emerald crowns. Next place to see is Hagia Irene Church (from outside). The final place of interest is the Church of Sergius and Bacchus today known as Petit Hagia Sophia Mosque. As you finish this informative tour with your professional guide...well, you will never be quite the same again. After the tour transfer back to the hotel.
Inclusions for Historical Istanbul Tour In 1-Day
- Entrance fees
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
Exclusions for Historical Istanbul Tour In 1-Day
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A dress code is required to enter religious places. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
Hagia Sophia is closed on Mondays and will be replaced with the Chora Church Museum
Topkapi Palace is closed on Tuesdays and will be replaced with the Chora Church Museum
Blue Mosque is closed on Fridays until 2 pm and may be replaced with Petite Hagia Sophia Church
Grand Bazaar is closed on Sundays and will be replaced with authentic shops
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Golden Horn of Istanbul Tour
- 7-Day Turkey Explorer Tour from Istanbul
- Istanbul Small Group City Tour: Blue Mosque, Hippodrome, Grand Bazaar, St Sophia and Topkapi Palace
- 5-Day Aegean Tour from Istanbul: Gallipoli, Troy, Pergamum, Ephesus, Kusadasi, Pamukkale and Hierapolis
- Bosphorus Dinner and Show Cruise in Istanbul
- Private Day Trip from Istanbul to Ephesus and House of Virgin Mary