Historical Italica: Half-Day Guided Walking Tour From Seville
OverviewItalica was the first Roman city founded in the Iberian peninsula and the birthplace of the Emperors Trajan and Hadrian. The main building on this archaeological site is the amphitheatre, the third largest in the world with a capacity for 25.000 spectators. Itlica is also well known by its mosaics and "domus".
Know More about this tourOn this half-day tour you will visit both the Roman Theatre, located in the centre of Santiponce and the archaeological site of Italica. Italica holds an amphitheatre that was once counted as the largest in the ancient world. It was one of the earliest Roman settlements in Spain and was founded in 206 BC. It became renowned for its military importance in the 2nd and 3rd centuries AD.
You can wander through the tunnels where gladiators would once had walked and stand in the den which would have housed the lions. In the centre of the arena there is a great pit which would have been covered by a wooden structure. This was used for gladiator and wild animal sports.
Inclusions for Historical Italica: Half-Day Guided Walking Tour From Seville
- Professional guide
- Walking tour
- Round-trip shared transfer
- Entrance fees to Italica andMonasterio deSan Isidoro del Campo
- Local taxes
- Pickup and drop-off
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
Exclusions for Historical Italica: Half-Day Guided Walking Tour From Seville
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Seville Tapas Night Walking Tour
- Private Transfer in luxury vehicle in Sevilla
- Private Airport Round-Trip Transfer: Seville SVQ Airport to Seville Hotel
- Seville to Malaga Private Transfer
- Jerez and Cdiz Day Trip from Seville Including Sherry Tasting, Andalusian Horse Show and Ferry Ride
- Beaches of Cadiz: Day Trip from Seville with Optional Roman Ruins