Historical Jewish Tour Of Lisbon
OverviewLisbons Jewish heritage goes back to the beginnings of the city foundation. Discover the history and cultural impact on this private religious tour in Lisbon.
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Skip the line
- Step back in time on a history tour
Know More about this tour
Begin your private tour with pickup from your hotel.
Head to Graa quarterand take in the views of the city.Explorethe oldest district in Lisbon, Alfama,and feel the impact that the area had on Jewish heritage in Lisbon. Discover why the Jewish community was important for Portugals Golden Age of Discovery.
After, visitdowntown, where the biggest Jewish community in Europe used to live. Known as Small Jerusalem, Lisbon downtown was also the stage of dramatic incidents in the 16th century.
You will also visit the places where thousands of refugees, in the II World War, used to spare their time after running away from the horrors of the war.
During the tour, you will have the opportunity to learn about the "b'nei anussim".
Your tour concludesat the Synagogue Ohel Jacob, where you will be received by one of its members.
- Hotel Pickup
- Nossa Senhora do Monte Belvedere
- Terreiro do Trigo
- Terreiro do Pao
- D. Dinis Wall
- S. Domingos Church
- Largo Carmo
- Ohel Jacob Synagogue
- Hotel Drop-off
Inclusions for Historical Jewish Tour Of Lisbon
- Private tour
Driver/guide (full time trip leader)
Tourist luxury vehicle
Comfort pack (fresh waters and cleaning wipes)
Hotel pickup and drop-off - for Lisbon central hotels, Lisbon cruise terminal, or Lisbon airport. Pickup and drop-off does not include luggage transport.
Exclusions for Historical Jewish Tour Of Lisbon
- Food and drinks
- Tzedakah - 5 per person (at the Synagogue)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Adult pricing applies to all travellers.
Children must be accompanied by an adult.
Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking.
Dress code is smart casual, recommended comfortable clothing and shoes.
Gratuities are not included.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- bidos Nazar and Ftima from Lisbon with Drop-off in Porto
- Ftima Interactive Self-Guided Tour from Lisbon
- April 25th Bridge and Christ the King Bus Tour from Lisbon
- Ribeira - The Imperial District Walking Tour
- 2-Day Sacred Portugal Trip: Ftima, Batalha, Stio, Nazar and bidos, from Lisbon
- Stand Up Paddle Baptism