Historical Niah National Park Day Trip From Miri
OverviewNiah is one of Sarawaks smaller national parks, but it is certainly one of the most important, and is home to some of the most unique attractions. The parks main claim to fame is its role as one of the birthplaces of civilization. The oldest modern human remains discovered in Southeast Asia were found at Niah, making the park one of the most important archaeological sites in the world.
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Family friendly
- Lunch included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tourAfter pickup from centrally located hotels in Miri, take a90-minute drive to Niah National Park, home tothe Niah Caves.While Niah is one of Sarawaks smaller national parks, it is certainly one of the most important, as it is home toBorneo's oldest human remains, which dateback 40,000 years. On this day trip you'll visit the archaeological siteof the oldest settlement of Homo sapiensin theregion.
Upon arrival, register at park headquarters, then travel with your guide by boat across a narrow river. You'll hikefor about an hour before arriving at alimestone cave, home to bats, swiftlets, and other specially adapted animals. Let your guide point out the widevariety of plant life in theforest, which covers some7,756 acres (3,102 hectares) in the park. The 1,294-foot (394-meter) peak of Gunung Subis dominates the landscape. A quiet walk allows for birdlife and other small forest creaturestoappear.
Explore the vastness of the Great Cave, where you'll find a skull on display along withtools made out of stone, bone, and iron. Not to be missed is the Painted Cave, the site of prehistoric cave paintings as well aswooden coffindeath-ships' whose contents are exhibitedat the Sarawak Museum.
You'll stopat the park canteen for a provided lunch before returning to your Miri hotel.
Inclusions for Historical Niah National Park Day Trip From Miri
- Entrance fee to Niah National Park
- Professional guide
- Local lunch at a park cafe
- Boat ride
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels)
Exclusions for Historical Niah National Park Day Trip From Miri
- Surcharge for pickup and drop-off at Miri Airport
- Camera fee (if applicable, pay directly at venue)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
A lot of walking is involved; comfortable walking shoes are recommended
Sightings of wildlife are not guaranteed
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If cancelled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.