Historical Pub Walking Tour Of London
OverviewDiscover ancient ale houses and literary drinking dens on a 3-hour afternoon pub tour of London! Centered on the area in and around the City of London, the tour visits at least four of Londons finest historical pubs, your guide will recommend different ales in each (not included). Hear the history of the pubs, learn the differences between Elizabethan coaching inns and Victorian gin palaces, and visit the watering holes frequented by legendary British novelist Charles Dickens.Numbers are limited to 12 on this small-group pub tour, ensuring youll enjoy personalized attention from your guide.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Get inside tips from a local
- Small group ensures personal service
Know More about this tourMeet your guide at St. Paul's Cathedral and then set off on a stroll to acquaint yourself with Londons finest old pubs. After passing iconic sights such as a former Shakespeare playhouse, head to Blackfriars in the City of London. As Britains banking hub for some 2,000 years, its no wonder that the City of London is home to some of Londons oldest pubs. Head inside one of the locals favorites to experience a proper London boozer at its finest resplendent with wooden tables clustered around a horseshoe-shaped bar. Sip on quality local ales (not included) and soak up the bustling atmosphere while your guide points out features like the medieval wall frieze above the bar.
Head outside and walk along Fleet Street, another London neighborhood that brims with history. Wander through the cobblestone alleyways that typify this part of the city, and stumble upon a late 17th-century pub tucked away down a side street. Choose from the large selection of beers, ales and ciders on tap (not included) and sit down with your guide, hearing tales of British literary greats who once drank here Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Charles Dickens and Alfred Tennyson, to name a few.
Leave your pub and work off your afternoons beers on a leisurely stroll to Covent Garden, a short walk away. Pass more historic pubs along the way, and hear tips from your guide about other drinking dens to visit in the capital for more beer or perhaps an evening meal at your own expense.
Inclusions for Historical Pub Walking Tour Of London
- Local guide
Exclusions for Historical Pub Walking Tour Of London
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 18 years
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.