Historical Rio Walking Tour - Rio De JaneiroWrite a Review
OverviewTake the subway and enjoy a guided walking tour in downtown Rio. Many cariocas still refer to downtown as the City, as if it were a city apart, so busy, profuse and attractive. Rich in history and buildings of great architectural appeal, the center of the former capital of the country is best absorbed in the details when you walk through it.
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- All entrance fees included
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Small group ensures personal service
- Step back in time on a history tour
Know More about this tourYou will be taken by subway to downtown, emerging at Cinelndia Station, Cinelndia of Rios 1900s, with its relics of the French architectural influence such as the National Museum of Fine Arts, Theatro Municipal the citys Opera House, the National Library, Pedro Ernesto Palace (City Hall), the Cultural Center of the Federal Court. On the way to Carioca square you'll see the Naval Club, the Monastery Church of Santo Antnio and the Ordem Terceira de So Francisco da Penitncia, a true cultural richness of the Brazilian colonial architecture (1622).
You'll also visit the Confeitaria Colombo, built in 1894 in Art- Nuveaux, Tiradentes Palace (State Hall ), Praa XV including the Imperial Palace (the first residence of the Portuguese Royal Family), the statue of General Osrio, Mestre Valentim's Fountain. Through the Teles Arch you'll reach the cobble-stoned Travessa do Comercio and the former residence of Carmen Miranda, the Church of Our Lady of the Merchants, the Post Office Cultural Center, France-Brazil House, Bank of Brasil Cultural Center and Candelaria Church. Then, you'll head back to the meeting point by subway.
Inclusions for Historical Rio Walking Tour
- Entrance fees
- Professional guide
- Small-group tour
- Walking tour
Exclusions for Historical Rio Walking Tour
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Operated by a multilingual guide
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Not recommended for people with walking difficulties
It is recommended to wear comfortable shoes
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.