Historical Seoul Tour: Cheongwadae Sarangchae And Gyeongbokgung Palace
OverviewGain a deeper insight into Korean history and culture on this tour in Seoul with a friendly, knowledgeable local guide. Explore Gyeongbokgung Palace, visit a traditional Buddhist temple, discover Korea’s folk culture at a museum, and learn interesting facts about Korea’s politics at an exhibition center. You’ll also visit the National Ginseng Outlet to learn the secrets of this important plant.
- All entrance fees included
- Comprehensive tour of the city
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Led by a local guide
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Step back in time on a history tour
Know More about this tourYour guide will pick you up from your Seoul hotel in the morning and take you by air-conditioned vehicle to Cheongwadae Sarangchae, a historical center where you can walk in the footsteps of Korean presidents and learn about the past, present and future of Korea and its capital.
On the first floor, the Korea Exhibition Center, learn about Korean history, culture, historic figures and UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Head to the second floor to visit the Presidential Center, whose photos display scenes from Koreas major political events from 60 years ago to today. Gain insight into the countrys governmental developments and take home a photo souvenir of you posing with political leaders.
Next, visit Gyeongbokgung Palace, built in 1395. Explore the grounds and marvel at the traditional architectural elements of each structure, such as the main residences of the Joseon Dynasty-era king and queen. You'll discover how Gyeongbokgung remains the most beautiful and grandest of the Five Grand Palaces of the Joseon Dynasty.
Youll then head to central Seoul to visit the National Folk Museum of Korea, where you'll get a glimpse into how Koreans have lived throughout the centuries, from ancient times to the Joseon Dynasty to the 20th century. Browse interesting artifacts and gain insight into the deep roots of Confucianism in Korean culture.
Next, at Jogyesa Temple in Seouls Jongno-gu district, see where the administrative headquarters of the Jogye Order of Korean Buddhism is housed. This 500-year-old temple, an international tourist destination, played an important role in the current state of Seon Buddhism in South Korea, and will give you a sense of authentic cultural and religious traditions.
Your final stop is the National Ginseng Outlet, where youll learn about the important role this plant plays in Korean culture, medicine and cuisine. Youll then be taken back to your hotel or Seouls shopping district, whichever you prefer.
Note: Gyeongbokgung Palace is closed on Tuesdays and will be replaced by Changdeokgung Palace instead.
Inclusions for Historical Seoul Tour: Cheongwadae Sarangchae And Gyeongbokgung Palace
- Seoul city hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
- Local English-speaking guide
- Entrance fees
Exclusions for Historical Seoul Tour: Cheongwadae Sarangchae And Gyeongbokgung Palace
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved; comfortable walking shoes are recommended
Please note that Gyeongbokgung Palace is closed on Tuesdays and will be replaced by Changdeokgung Palace instead.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.