Historical Walking Tour Of BridgetownWrite a Review
OverviewGo back in time on a 2-hour journey infused with islandÂ ancestors and the soft whispers of the historical buildings. The guided tour with audio headset is so engaging that you willÂ not notice the passage of time from hearing about the Father of Independence, to the âBridgeâ as your move on to explore a taste of the commercial and religious spaces of the beloved Bridgetown. A little snack helps pass the time as you get a nibble of the sweetness that makes up the people known as Barbadians. We give you a sample of this rich town so that you can write your story âOnce upon a time in Bridgetown...â
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Small group ensures personal service
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Free snacks included
- Fully narrated tour
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tourEnjoy the various modes of transportation on the island as you make your way to the Errol Barrow Statute in Independence Square, Bridgetown for the start of your tour. You should allow for at least 15 minutes before the official start of the tour in order toÂ get your headsets and snacks. While you are on island timeÂ your guides will aim for a prompt start for your 2-hour tour.Â This tour can be a little bit longer if you have tons of questions as your guides want to ensure you have a wonderful story to tell.
As you leave the symbolic Independence Square you will journey to the first landing off the ship at Bridgetown. There you will see the Screw Dock and learn about theÂ story behind it before you head through the Independence Arch towards the grand Parliament.Â A stroll down the boardwalk will increase the chatter as it has so many stories, you will be amazed. The majestic buildings of commercial Bridgetown lead you into the wealthiest part of the city and the first religious space. Hurrying through the âfirst streetâ you will eventually reach the diversity of the spiritual being before heading back to pay homage to fallen heroes at the Cenotaph.Â Â
A few intriguing stories along the way will bring it all together. A tasting and sample along the way, completes this tour which was made even more comfortable with the aid of your audio equipment. No more running to catch up to hear what the guide has to say! Take your time and hear as though he/she is right there talking to you alone. What a wonderful experience awaits you on a walking tour of historic Bridgetown, Barbados.
Inclusions for Historical Walking Tour Of Bridgetown
- Bottled water
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
- Local guide
- Walking tour
Exclusions for Historical Walking Tour Of Bridgetown
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation to/from attractions
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Availability for shows cannot be checked without making a booking. Credit cards will only be charged upon confirmation of show availability
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.