History And Culture Tour Of Braga And Barcelos From Porto
OverviewYour 9-hour small-group tour to Braga and Barcelos will provide historical background while allowing you to absorb the diversity of the Portugese culture. You will visit famous monuments and squares and take in the long history of the two prominent locations.
- Family friendly
- Lunch included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Small-group tour
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tourYou will be picked up at 8:15am at a centrally-located departure point and transported to Braga, known as the Portuguese Rome. Your extensive city walking tour in the historic center includes the Santa Barbara Garden; the ancient remnants of the Castle of Braga, the Keep Tower, declared a National Monument in 1910; and the Arco da Porta Nova.
Next you will visit The Cathedral of Braga, S de Braga, one of the most important monuments in Braga; the Portuguese sanctuary Bom Jesus do Monte, famous for its stairway and panoramic view over Braga; and Nossa Senhora do Sameiro Santuary, one of the most popular shrines to Mary in all of Portugal.
After your tour of Braga concludes in the late morning you will be transported to Barcelos, the city of the Portuguese rooster, where you will enjoy a traditional lunch in a local restaurant.
You will tour the historic center of Barcelos on a city walking tour. You will visit the Barcelos Medieval Bridge, classified as a National Monument; the Castle Keep Pottery museum; the Parish church; the Archaeological Museum of Barcelos and the Municipal Chamber Building.
Finally, you will have the opportunity to visit the Bom Jesus da Cruz Temple.
Your tour will conclude when you are returned to your hotel at approximately 5:15pm.
Inclusions for History And Culture Tour Of Braga And Barcelos From Porto
- Live commentary on board
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Small-group tour
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Exclusions for History And Culture Tour Of Braga And Barcelos From Porto
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
A maximum of 6 people per booking
A small amount of walking is involved
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Douro Valley Small-Group Tour with Wine Tasting, Portuguese Lunch and Optional River Cruise
- Wine Tour of the Vinho Verde Region from Porto Including Lunch
- Guimares and Braga - Small group tour with lunch from Porto
- Into the North - Small Group Wine Tastings Tour
- Minho Day Trip from Porto Including Lunch
- Fado Show including Dinner and Mini Limousine Transfer with Champagne
- Private Tour: Braga and Guimares from Porto
- Private Tour: Santiago de Compostela and Viana do Castelo from Porto