History Walk In Mamallapuram - Excursion - MahabalipuramWrite a Review
Embark on a spectacular walk through some of historic landscapes in search of the richest stories from our past. This 7th Century historical town will give you the oldest existing remains of Dravidian architecture. They are constituted by cave temples, monolithic chariots, sculpted reliefs and structural temples.
- Walk into the 7th Century world
- Explore 11 temples a treasure of Pallava Architecture
- Immerse yourself spiritually at Sthalasayana Perumal Temple
- Witness the world's largest bas relief, Arjuna's Penance
Know More about this tour
Our representative cum guide will meet you at your hotel and the History walk begins to the famous UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Arjuna’s Penance: Nothing can prepare you for the wonderful bas-reliefs covering two huge boulders. The exquisite detail, dating from the 7th century, depicts the flow of the Ganges down from the Himalayan mountains as well as scenes from Indian daily life.
The Five Rathas: You won't believe that these shrines are carved whole from an outcrop of rock. Each of the five temples is dedicated to heroes from the great epic of the Mahabharata. Spend time admiring the detail of the carvings which include Gods, humans and elephants and wonder why the temples are incomplete and were never consecrated.
Shore Temple: Relish the delightful seaside location, overlooking the Bay of Bengal, and landscaped gardens surrounding the temple, a popular place for the locals to visit. Dedicated to both Vishnu and Shiva, the decorative beauty of the temple, built in Dravidian style, has suffered erosion by its proximity to the sea.
Inclusions for History Walk In Mamallapuram - Excursion
- All transfers by air-conditioned car with local driver
- Local driver during land transportation and transfers (local language speaking only)
- English speaking guide incl his salary & expenses
- All services as mentioned in the program
- All excursions and activities as mentioned including entrance fees
Exclusions for History Walk In Mamallapuram - Excursion
- Visa (fees) to enter the country (check if applicable to you)
- Flights and taxes
- Airport departure taxes per person
- Travel insurances
- Personal expenses like drinks, tipping, souvenirs etc.
- Optional excursions and activities and their entrance fees
- Other expenses not mentioned in the program
- At checkout we'll ask you to provide your hotel information. Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you a confirmation voucher with full contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator in case you need to update or change your hotel pick-up details.
- In case you have not booked your hotel, Don't Worry ! Once your hotel arrangements are finalized, you can contact our local operator directly with your hotel details.
- If you cancel between 0 days To 7 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 100%
- If you cancel between 7 days To 180 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 20%
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.