Ho Chi Minh City Street Food Tour With Dinner
OverviewEat like the locals do in Ho Chi Minh City on a 2.5-hour walking tour with an in-the-know guide. Sample culinary delights that have made Southern Vietnamese cuisine famous, from banh mi sandwiches to popular rice dishes enough for dinner and dessert. Taste Saigonese coffee, beer and street food from local vendors as you explore markets and cafs while the sun goes down. Numbers are limited to 12 people, ensuring a personalized experience with a small group of fellow food lovers.
- All entrance fees included
- Dinner included
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Small group ensures personal service
- Small-group tour
- Snacks and Beverages included
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
Know More about this tour
We all know Vietnam is an absolute legend when it comes to street food, and if you want to make the most of your time (and stomach space), youll want to head out with an in-the-know local to pick out the best of the best of Saigons street food. Put your eating pants on and follow us!
Our Saigon food tour kicks off with some authentic local appetizers such as chao muc (a dry squid porridge) and xa xui (Cantonese barbecued pork). Learn how Chinese food has been integrated into Vietnamese cuisine as you inhale the spicy flavours of the street stalls and watch local life unfold before your eyes in the heart of Saigon.
Our immersion into local life continues as we make our way to the corner of Nguyen Cong Tru and Calmette for a unique street food called banh bo banh tieu, which recalls memories of many Saigoneses childhoods.
This spot is also a good place to learn about Calmette and Yersin, the two disciples of Pasteur who greatly contributed to the health health system in Vietnam. The Pasteur Institute in Saigon is the first one outside of France, and was set up by Calmette, and the one in Nha Trang was started by Yersin who was also the founder of the University of Medicine of Hanoi and discovered the bacteria that causes Black Death. This is why these three names are among the last remaining French names in HCMC.
On the way to our next food stop, we will pass by Chua Ba Thien Hau, which means the Goddess of the Sea. This former Chinese community house honours Chinese immigration to Saigon through the different periods of Cantonese, Teochew and Hakka.
It wouldnt be a true local experience without enjoying coffee the way Saigonese coffee aficionados do on a daily basis. Well head to a popular local hem of Saigon to enjoy a cup. Well show you the local style of taking your coffee and youll feel right at home!
Next up on our Saigon food adventure is another one of the citys iconic street food dishes: ha cao (Chinese-style dim-sum), bo bia (Saigonese spring roll) and bo cuon mo chai (barbecued beef meatballs). These dishes are some of the most popular and preferred dishes by southerners, and you can find them everywhere, from street stalls to fancy restaurants. What makes them so beloved is that the ingredients are so strikingly simple, yet the tastes and flavours are truly unforgettable (we promise).
Well then head to Bui Vien to pick up a Vietnamese fried banana for dessert, a new version of the traditional version that is crazy popular with locals.
Well cap off our Saigon street food tour with, what else, street beer! At this street beer stall well outfit you with a cold Saigon beer and the chance to mingle with locals not a bad way to end the evening, is it?!
Weve reached the end, but your local guide is happy to provide tips for exploring the area further, or assist you in getting a taxi back to your accommodation.
Inclusions for Ho Chi Minh City Street Food Tour With Dinner
- Professional guide
- Night market tour with dinner
- One beer and one coffee
Exclusions for Ho Chi Minh City Street Food Tour With Dinner
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please inform your local guide about any food allergies you may have. Unfortunately, we cannot cater to vegetarians or vegan travellers.
Minimum age is 6 years
Please note that this tour visits independent, family-owned businesses whose operating schedules and menus may change. Therefore, street food venues and local dishes often vary; your local guide will make any final adjustments on the spot.
For your Urban Adventure you will be in a small group of a maximum of 12 people.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Cu Chi Tunnels by Bike from Ho Chi Minh City
- Day Trip to Tay Ninh and Cu Chi Tunnels Including Lunch
- Cai Rang Floating Market and Biking on Ben Tre Island Full Day Tour
- Private Evening Food Tour Including Bitexco Financial Tower Visit
- Can Gio Biosphere Reserve Day Trip from Ho Chi Minh City
- Saigon Nightlife Tour by Bike