- Tour departs at 9:45am from opposite the Henry Jones Art Hotel at the Foundation Monument in Hunter Street. ONLY OPERATES ON CRUISE SHIP DAYS
- You travel with a small group of guests (20 maximum) from your ship in a modern air conditioned Toyota coach or minibus.
- We travel to Salamanca, the birthplace of Hobart and see the historic sandstone dwellings built by the convicts in the early 1800's.
- Note the Salamanca markets are only open on a Saturday. Book with us on a Saturday and you get a half hour at the markets right after the tour starts.
- Sullivan's Cove and Battery Point are a snapshot of a bygone era that will give you an insight into the early settler's lives.
- Then we take the scenic route along the waterfront to Long Beach, Sandy Bay (pretty city beach). This is our first stop to stretch the legs, use the restroom and take a photo. There are plenty of stops throughout the tour.
- We head up the hill and view some of the modern Sandy Bay homes overlooking the Derwent River. Sandy Bay is Hobart's premier suburb.
- South Hobart is next with a photo stop at the Cascade Brewery (oldest brewery in Australia) and the women's prison (named the Female Factory!) Please note we don't enter either location but you can sample a Cascade Beer at Richmond.
- Travelling through the Hobart City Centre we get a glimpse of every day life in Hobart.
- Then it is over the Tasman Bridge on our scenic country drive, through rural farms and vineyards and out to Richmond Historic Village for lunch. Please note food and drinks are not included in the tour price.
- Richmond has the oldest Catholic Church in Australia (St Johns), the oldest convict built bridge in Australia (Richmond Bridge)and the oldest intact goal in Australia (Richmond Goal). Find an arts and craft outlet, discover an antique or buy a print from a gallery in this vibrant village.
- A favourite for lunch is the bakery with its great pies, sandwiches, pastries and coffee or maybe you prefer fish and chips at the caf.
- The Richmond Arms Hotel has counter lunches and ice cold Cascade Beer. Be tempted by the hand made chocolates at The Chocolate Trading Co or you may find Sweets and Treats (old school candy and ice cream) more to your liking. You have ample time after lunch to shop and explore around the village.
- On our return we stop at Rosny Lookout where you can take a photo with your cruise ship and the city behind you.
- Your driver drops you back to the cruise ship, the city centre or Salamanca.
- Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Free Cancellation
- Duration: 4 Hrs
Departure Time :
9:45am TOUR ONLY OPERATES ON CRUISE SHIP DAYS Tour departs within walking distance of the cruise port
Departure Details :
Foundation Monument in Hunter Street
Return Details :
Driver will drop you back at the cruise ship terminal, the city area or Salamanca. Let him know which location you prefer.
Overview4 hour guided tourCommentary at points of interestMeeting point is easy 5 minute walk from Cruise ship terminalLocations areSalamancaBattery PointSullivan's CoveLong BeachSandy BaySouth HobartHobart City CentreRichmond Historic VillageRosny Lookout
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Food and drinks
Know More about this tour
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Not wheelchair accessible
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.