OverviewMt. Wellington (Kunanyi) dominates Hobart city skyline. This full day, all inclusive tour will take you on a journeyÂ from the pinnacle of Mt Wellington down to Australia's oldest operation brewery, Cascades. Dramatic views of Hobart and the western wilderness and varied alpine vegetation. Along the way you get to experience everything the mountain has to offer (alpine, eucalyptus, and rainforest vegetation; Dolerite and sandstone cliffs). Take breaks with morning tea at the summit (tea/coffee with homemade scones and apple pies). Lunch is halfway down at the historic springs area, enjoy a huge local spread of delicious Tasmanian produce that represents the local area. Wash down the day with a beer tasting (or non-alcoholic drink of equal value) at Cascades brewery while enjoying some local cheeses. This is a truly unique experience.
- All-inclusive tour
- Led by a local guide
- Small-group tour
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Separate driver ensures your guides full attention throughout the day
Know More about this tour
- Pickups from Hobart CBD commence at 8:30am
- Drive to Fern Tree (20-mins) where your guide will introduce you to Kunanyi - Mt Wellington, explain the walking trails and discuss the day
- Drive to the Summit (15-mins), enjoy panoramic views over southern Tasmania before walking down the mountain starts.
- Spend the morning walking the Zig-Zag Trail (1.5/2-hours), enjoying the views of Hobart, Organ Pipes and learning of the harsh alpine environment. This trail follows a rocky path that includes manicured rock steps. - Downhill Walking. Steep in parts.
- Gourmet lunch will be served outdoors or inside a Mountain hut. Produce is sourced locally and represents Tasmania's world-class reputation for fine food. The menu has been designed to showcase local flavours and history.
- The afternoon walk is varied, visiting waterfalls and learning of the local bush rangers. This section has downhill / steep sections. Our guides will help out.
- Finish the Day at Australia's oldest brewery, Cascade. Enjoy a beer or just relax in the lovely gardens while looking back to the mountain top you just walked down from. Drive back to Hobart and reminisce on Hobart's incredible backyard.
Inclusions for Hobart Hike: Mt Wellington Summit To Cascade Brewery Walk Including Gourmet Lunch
- Hotel/CBD pickup and drop-off
- Professional local guide and driver
- Walking tour
- Small group sizes
- Bottled water
- Food tasting
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
Exclusions for Hobart Hike: Mt Wellington Summit To Cascade Brewery Walk Including Gourmet Lunch
- Gratuities (optional)
- Beer at Cascade
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Minimum drinking age is 18 years
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.