- Pickups from Hobart CBD commence at 9:00am
- Drive to Fern Tree (20-mins) where your guide will introduce you to Kunanyi - Mt Wellington, explain the walking trails and discuss the day
- Drive to the Summit (15-mins), enjoy panoramic views over southern Tasmania before walking down the mountain starts.
- Spend the morning walking the Zig-Zag Trail (1.5/2-hours), enjoying the views of Hobart, Organ Pipes and learning of the harsh alpine environment. This trail follows a rocky path that includes manicured rock steps. - Downhill Walking. Steep in parts.
- Gourmet lunch will be served outdoors or inside a Mountain hut. Produce is sourced locally and represents Tasmania's world-class reputation for fine food. The menu has been designed to showcase local flavours and history.
- The afternoon walk is varied, visiting waterfalls and learning of the local bush rangers. This section has downhill / steep sections. Our guides will help out.
- Finish the Day at Australia's oldest brewery, Cascade. Enjoy a beer or just relax in the lovely gardens while looking back to the mountain top you just walked down from. Drive back to Hobart and reminisce on Hobart's incredible backyard.
- Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Hotel pickup Available
- Duration: 1 Days
Departure Time :
9am Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Departure Details :
Hobart Travel and Information Centre
Cancellation Policy : Cancel up to 2 days in advance for a full refund
OverviewMt. Wellington/kunanyi dominates the Hobart city skyline. This full-day (8hr) walking tour will take you on a journeyfrom the Pinnacle down the mountain with a visit to Australia's oldest operation brewery, Cascades at days end. Dramatic views of Hobart and the western wilderness and varied alpine vegetation. Along the way you get to experience everything the mountain has to offer (alpine, eucalyptus, and rainforest vegetation; Dolerite and sandstone cliffs). Lunch is at the halfway point. At thehistoric springs area, enjoy a huge local spread of delicious Tasmanian produce that represents the local area. Continue down the mountain via 2 local trails (2hrs) and finish before a visit at Cascades brewery where you can enjoy a beer or relax in the garden.This is a truly unique experience, the only kunanyi/Mt. Wellington guided walking tour.
- All-inclusive tour
- Led by a local guide
- Small-group tour
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Separate driver ensures your guides full attention throughout the day
Know More about this tour
- Hotel/CBD pickup and drop-off
- Professional local guide and driver
- Walking tour
- Small group sizes
- Bottled water
- Food tasting
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Beer at Cascade
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Minimum drinking age is 18 years
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
You Might Also Like
- Bruny Island Sightseeing and Gourmet Tour from Hobart Including Guided Lighthouse Tour
- Bruny Island 6-Course Gourmet Day Trip from Hobart
- Hobart Half-Day Sightseeing Coach Tram Tour
- Mount Wellington Tour from Hobart
- Full-Day Bruny Island Tour from Hobart
- Moorilla Estate Winery Tour Including Wine Tasting, Lunch and MONA Admission
- Richmond Historic Afternoon Tour from Hobart
- Bonorong Wildlife Park and Richmond Afternoon Tour from Hobart