Hobart Sightseeing Cruise Including Iron Pot Lighthouse
OverviewDiscover Tasmanias coastal beauty and maritime history on a boat cruise from Hobart down the Derwent River to Iron Pot Lighthouse and Betsey Island. See highlights including Mount Wellington, Shot Tower and Hope Beach as your expert local guide shares tales of early shipwrecks, settlers, sailors and maritime life. Small-group tour with a maximum of 12 people allows for a customized experience with your guide.
- Local guide
Know More about this tourHead to the historic waterfront and meet your small group at Franklin Wharf. Board your custom-built motorboat, which features a spacious enclosed cabin, leather seats and large viewing windows.
Cruise down the Derwent River, passing highlights such as Battery Point, one of Tasmania's most prestigious addresses; Wrest Point Casino, Australias first legal casino; and Shot Tower, a 160-foot (49m) brick tower once used for manufacturing ammunition. In the background Mount Wellington towers over the city.
At the mouth of the Derwent River, round a small rock island where Australia's oldest lighthouse, Iron Pot, stands. Built in 1832 after numerous shipwrecks, the lighthouse has been a landmark for nearly two centuries. Your knowledgeable local guide shares tales of Hobart's early settlers, among them the lighthouse keepers and their families. The Iron Pot is the final turn in the annual Sydney to Hobart Yacht Race, widely considered one of the worlds most challenging sailing events.
Continue onto the waters of Storm Bay to reach Betsey Island, an uninhabited island that is home to a variety of seabirds, including the white-bellied sea eagle. Beyond the horizon to the south lies the next landmass: Antarctica!
As your boat comes around the far side of Betsey Island, catch sight of Hope Beach, an isolated stretch known for large breaks and offshore windsconditions that make this a favorite surfing spot. Cruise close to shore and feel the swell surging in from the Southern Ocean. Then continue to motor north on your return to Hobart, keeping an eye out for whales or other marine animals as you take in the scenic Tasmanian coast.
Inclusions for Hobart Sightseeing Cruise Including Iron Pot Lighthouse
- Local guide
Exclusions for Hobart Sightseeing Cruise Including Iron Pot Lighthouse
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
A maximum of 12 people per tour
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.