Hobart Summer Twilight Harbor Cruise On The SV Rhona H Tall Ship
OverviewExperience tall ship SV Rhona H, a 1942 Ketch rigged vessel. Enjoy your refreshments as you see the best of Hobart from the decks of this historic boat. Sails are always set and you are welcome to assist the crew or sit back and relax. This cruise sails the waters close to Hobart. You may be lucky enough to time your sail with one of the local yacht club's summer twilight races. Enjoy watching the boats display their skills on the River Derwent. Traditional tall ships do not participate. Photo opportunities abound: rigging, the crew, the sun going down, and, of course, the Tasman Bridge linking Hobart with the eastern shore.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Romantic experience, perfect for couples
Know More about this tourDepart Sullivan's Cove and set sail as soon as the SV Rhona H is out of the docks. Turn and head towards the Tasman Bridge.Enjoy a pre-dinner cruise to see the River Derwent as the sun starts to go down. Tea, coffee, and hot chocolate are offered for those who would like it, or select the deluxe package for choice of either a glass of wine or Willie Smith cider. This sail cruise showcases the experience of sailing the River Derwent. The ship sails under the Tasman Bridge on all cruises, except in very strong winds when another option is selected for your comfort and enjoyment. A highlight is on yacht club twilight race days when you see the yachts as they compete for line honors in club racing.
The SV Rhona H is one of the last of the beautiful fishing ketches built by Ned Jack in Launceston. The 52' sailing ship is a perfect way to experience traditional sailing and the beauty of this part of Tasmania. Having plied the waters of Bass Strait and its islands, SV RHona H remained in continuous commercial survey from the time she worked as a fishing boat, before being converted for sailing charters in 1988-1989. She is still in commercial survey making. SV Rhona H, a working example of Tasmania's maritime heritage.
All the crew on SV Rhona H are volunteers and love to share their passion for the oceans, traditional sailing, and of the SV Rhona H herself. The work on SV Rhona H is being done to restore the vessel to her former glory both above the deck and below. Come aboard to see the results so far, and hear how this part of Tasmanian history is being kept alive as a real working boat.
Come aboard and share the adventure!
Inclusions for Hobart Summer Twilight Harbor Cruise On The SV Rhona H Tall Ship
- Light refreshments and beverages included
- Live commentary on board
- Small groups ensure personalized service
Exclusions for Hobart Summer Twilight Harbor Cruise On The SV Rhona H Tall Ship
- Souvenirs available to purchase
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation to/from attractions
5:50P Welcome aboard SV Rhona H
6:00P Depart Elizabeth Street Pier
Sails are set almost straight away!
6:10P Head towards the Tasman Bridge
6:15P Refreshments start to come up on deck
Sail to the wind conditions: usually through the bridge
7:00P Start to turn towards the docks
7:30P Disembark for your evening's enjoyment
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
If canceled by the operator for any reason, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
Operates in almost all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Not wheelchair accessible
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Infant life jackets are available on request if advised at time of booking
Closed in shoes preferred
The crew will assist you to step on board via our gangplank
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.