Hobbiton Shore Excursion Including Lord Of The Rings And Hobbit Movies Set Tour - Tauranga
OverviewThis wonderful tour to Hobbiton, a short drive from Tauranga, takes us to the farm selected by Peter Jackson as a setting for his Lord of the Rings and Hobbit movie masterpieces. A guided tour will bring to life scenes from the movies, plus time for lunch at the Green Dragon Pub.
- Free port pickup and drop-off included
- Excellent value for money
- Family friendly
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- All entrance fees included
Know More about this tourDeparting Tauranga, we first cross the harbour bridge, which offers great views of The Mount, the volcanic core 232m high which marks the entrance to the harbour of Tauranga. We then climb up to over 1000 feet to cross the Kaimai mountain range which divides the Bay of Plenty coastal region from the Waikato district, the main dairy farming area of New Zealand.
We soon arrive at Hobbiton, the movie set location for the village in the Lord of The Rings films and of courseThe Hobbit movie trilogy.
Here we will be met by our guide at the Shires Rest for an informative two hour tour around the movie set location. Stand under the party tree, walk past the Hobbit holes, imagine yourself among the characters.
Nestled deep in the rolling hills of the Waikato, this location was chosen for it's unblemished landscape. The tour ends at the Green Dragon Pub where you can enjoy a Hobbit Ale and a light lunch (own expense) if you wish.
We then start the journey back to Tauranga, stopping at the summit of the Kaimai ranges at over 1000ft above sea level for some great photo opportunities overlooking the valley far below and extinct Volcanoes in the distance.
Time permitting we also stop at a local honey center to see the hives and taste some of the special local Manuka honey, and perhaps indulge in a tasty honey ice cream.
Finally we return to the ship, passing millionaires waterfront homes lining the beautiful golden sand beaches of Mount Maunganui.
Inclusions for Hobbiton Shore Excursion Including Lord Of The Rings And Hobbit Movies Set Tour
- Entrance fee to Hobbiton
- Experienced, professional and friendly guide
- Port pickup and drop-off
- A tankard of Hobbit Ale at the Green Dragon Pub
- Air conditioned transport
Exclusions for Hobbiton Shore Excursion Including Lord Of The Rings And Hobbit Movies Set Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Not wheelchair accessible
Sun protection is recommended
From time to time depending on the size of the cruiseship and demand for this tour we reserve the right to increase the size of the vehicle beyond our usual policy of 'up to 24 seat vehicles'.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Tauranga Shore Excursion: Te Puia Maori Cultural Centre and Rotorua City Sightseeing
- Tauranga Shore Excursion: Lord of the Rings Hobbiton Movie Set Tour Including Rotorua Sightseeing
- Shore Excursion: Te Puia, Jet Boat and Mokoia Island from Tauranga
- Shore Excursion: Fully Guided Rotorua Sightseeing Tour including Tauranga and Mt Maunganui
- Tauranga Shore Excursion: Rotorua Highlights