Hoi An Half-Day Bike Tour
OverviewDid you have enough of traffic and motorbikes? Spend a half-day leisurely cycling though the scenic countryside of Central Vietnam. This tour will take you into the very heart of rural Hoi An for a special insight into the everyday life of a local fishing village, wildlife and many water palm groves. You will have the chance to pass-by water buffalo, rice paddies, and you will find out more about day-by-day life of local farmers.
- Cycle the city streets to absorb the local atmosphere
- Family friendly
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tour
Had enough of traffic and motorbikes? Maybe you are in for a little break and eagerly want to try out what lies beyond the hustle and bustle of Hoi Ans quaint maze of shops, houses and restaurants. Spend a half-day leisurely cycling though the scenic countryside of Central Vietnam. This tour will take you into the very heart of rural Hoi An for a special insight into the everyday life of a local fishing village, wildlife and many water palm groves. You will have the chance to pass-by water buffalos, rice paddies, and you will find out more about day-by-day life of local farmers. Using local transportation, including ferries and the occasional floating bridge, the tour starts at the other side of the Song Thu River after your guide has met you at your hotel lobby. Here, your cycling journey will start.
Despite the fact that Hoi An is so close by and is now a tourist haven, the artistic atmosphere and local friendly people where we will be cycling is an inviting environment that cannot be compared with the town life on the other side of the Song Thu River. This tour will take you on a visit to artisans producing bricks in a way that hardly has change for centuries the authentic side of what lies around the bustling yellow-bricked centre of Hoi An clearly is not that far away as you may think. You will discover how wooden river boats are made and learn the secrets of local farmers once we move along and follow our cycling ambassador over a combination of mud paths and paved roads.
An interaction with local kids at a kindergarten (closed during weekends and public holidays) can be more than just a cheerful experience; children are eager to spend some time saying hello and giving the occasional high five. Stop by a local house for a friendly chat it is citizens, drink some Vietnamese tea and taste the local cake, until you will cycle back to Hoi An. You will be amazed to realize how the scenery looks peaceful and how friendly people are once you just make an effort going beyond the UNESCO-protected region of downtown Hoi An.Return back after a leisurely morning or afternoon cycling trip and via the same way we arrived at this peaceful part of the province, we will bring you back to your booked accommodation in Hoi An by the same way as we left by bike!
Inclusions for Hoi An Half-Day Bike Tour
- A half day tour with a professional English-speaking guide.
- Use of a well-maintained bicycle during the tour, complete with helmet
- All entrance and donation fees for visits as mentioned in the description.
- All applicable taxes and service charges
- Local ferry crossings in and around Hoi An
Exclusions for Hoi An Half-Day Bike Tour
- Tours, inclusions of any kind and other services that are not outlined in the tour description
- Personal expenses such as meals, drinks, tips and gratuities, shopping, portage fees and optional tours, unless otherwise stated
- Hotel accommodation in the destination of commencement.
- Compulsory Christmas and/or New Year dinner at included hotels
- Any airline tickets, visa fees, additional transportation cost from and to the general meeting point
- Transfers for customers arriving or departing from any airport or resorts located outside the general pick-up and drop-off locations,otherwise supplementary charges will be applied
- Hotel expenses of a personal nature, should an overnight be included: this includes mini-bar consumption, laundry, room service, any telephone or other communication cost not mentioned in the program
- Travel insurance coverage for customers (highly recommendable)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Based on minimum 2 adults
Minimum age to take tour is 2
This tour is operated on full private basis with English-speaking guide.
Return transfers for this excursion apply only / are inclusive for customers staying in Hoi An and inside Da Nang City centre. Transfers outside these areas such as along Da Nang beaches, harbour area and the Da Nang International Airport are excluded. Supplements apply for customers who want to join this excursion outside one of these regions.
Customers are advised that during the TET celebrations (celebration of Vietnamese New Year), excursions and tours may be subject to supplementary charges and/or may see longer waiting times than normal. We appreciate your understanding on this.
Due to the nature of this tour, we regret to inform you that this excursion is not suitable for wheelchair users. Customers booking this this leisurely bicycle tour may expect some light hills, unequal terrain and/or some bike carrying along the way. A minimal degree of fitness may be needed to enjoy this excursion to the fullest.
Children bicycles are on request.
We always will make efforts to confirm the exact pick-up time upon reservation. For any operational issues in which are not able to confirm the exact pick-up time in advance, we reserve the right to inform you the day before the departure of the tour.
Please ensure that you bring sunglasses, a hat /cap and sunblock with a high SPF factor when traveling with us on this tour even when it is cloudy, the sunrays still have an immense power.
From November until January, temperatures in the morning may drop to slightly cooler levels, particularly when taking ferries. A thin jacket or wind breaker is recommended to bring on tour during these months.
We reserve the right to make necessary changes to the excursion in case of unfavourable weather conditions or situations where we are forced to make alterations to guarantee the safety of our guests.
It is the responsibility of the customer to provide us with the correct hotel information, should pick-up and drop-off services be included in the package. Any changes in accommodation outside 48 hours will be handled accordingly: changes within 48 hours may be on request.
You Might Also Like
- Bike Tour to Hidden Beach from Hoi An
- Full-Day Hoi An Countryside Bike Tour Including Thanh Nam Fishing Village, Lantern Making and Cooking Class
- Monkey Mountain Explorer Day Trip from Hoi An by War Era Jeep
- Hoi An Cooking Lesson and Food Tour by Bike
- 5-Day Bike Tour from Hoi An to Nha Trang
- Bike Tour to My Son Sanctuary from Hoi An