Hoi An Walking Half-Day TourWrite a Review
OverviewHoi An is an extraordinary jewel of a town. The town managed to remain untouched, and as you wander the completely traffic-free streets of this ancient seaport it is not hard to imagine yourself amidst the sailors and merchants of the 18th Century, when Hoi An was one of the busiest trading ports in Asia. We will guide you through the small alleys and you will discover some of the most ancient buildings in town. This will be one of the most comprehensive visits of this UNESCO town.
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tour
Hoi An is an extraordinary jewel of a town. The town managed to remain untouched, and as you wander the completely traffic-free streets of this ancient seaport it is not hard to imagine yourself amidst the sailors and merchants of the 18th Century, when Hoi An was one of the busiest trading ports in Asia. We will guide you through the small alleys and you will discover some of the most ancient buildings in town. This will be one of the most comprehensive visits of this UNESCO protection enclave.
We will pick you up from your booked hotel in Hoi An and bring you to the starting point of a leisurely stroll. Our tour starts at the colorful local market, where your guide will explain the various fruits, vegetables and household ware that is so common in this country and will be for sales here. After browsing through the market, our walk continues to the Tan Ky Old House; a good example of 18th-century merchant's residence. This house is an important part of history as a mix of Chinese, Japanese and European architecture remains a witness to a cosmopolitan past and allows today’s visitors a glimpse of Vietnam that no longer exists.
Onward we go…on foot. Following your guide for this morning / afternoon exploration continues to the Phuc Kien Assembly Hall. Founded in 1690 that served the largest Chinese ethnic, another remnant of a glorious and prosperous past of which Hoi An is so famed for. Building such as these have contributed to the UNESCO World Heritage listing and Hoi An legislate is working effortlessly to maintain that status for generations to come.
The Japanese Covered Bridge is one of the landmarks of downtown Hoi An. It resembles the emblematic 420-year-old Japanese covered bridge that was constructed by the Japanese during they stay in Hoi An. An unique opportunity to take some pictures is reserved. The walking tour ends at a local home where residents raise silkworms and produce silk for Hoi An's burgeoning textile industry. This industry and the importance of silk products is on display and for sales while strolling in Hoi An with our guide.The tour through this open-air museum, summarized as a unique mixture of Eastern and Western influences in the form of its architecture and cultural legacy, ends when we bring you back to your hotel. This tour can be done both in the morning and in the afternoon and takes around 4 hours.
Inclusions for Hoi An Walking Half-Day Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- A half day walking tour with a professional English-speaking guide.
- All entrance and donation fees for visits as mentioned in the description.
- All applicable taxes and service charges
Exclusions for Hoi An Walking Half-Day Tour
- Tours, inclusions of any kind and other services that are not outlined in the tour description
- Personal expenses such as meals, drinks, tips and gratuities, shopping, portage fees and optional tours, unless otherwise stated
- Hotel accommodation in the destination of commencement.
- Compulsory Christmas and/or New Year dinner at included hotels
- Any airline tickets, visa fees, additional transportation cost from and to the general meeting point
- Transfers for customers arriving or departing from any airport or resorts located outside the general pick-up and drop-off locations, otherwise supplementary charges will be applied
- Hotel expenses of a personal nature, should an overnight be included: this includes mini-bar consumption, laundry, room service, any telephone or other communication cost not mentioned in the program
- Travel insurance coverage for customers (highly recommendable)
- Any form of motorized transportation during this tour
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Based on minimum 2 adults
Price for a child between 2-11 years old can be applied for only 1 child per booking
Minimum age to take tour is 2 years
This tour is operated on full private basis with English-speaking guide.
Customers are advised that during the TET celebrations (celebration of Vietnamese New Year), excursions and tours may be subject to supplementary charges and/or may see longer waiting times than normal. We appreciate your understanding on this.
This excursion includes obstacles of various kinds that may not make this excursion suitable for wheelchair users. The obstacles comprise of unpaved roads and insufficient facilities to provide a comfortable sightseeing tour.
We always will make efforts to confirm the exact pick-up time upon reservation. For any operational issues in which are not able to confirm the exact pick-up time in advance, we reserve the right to inform you the day before the departure of the tour.
Please note pickup and drop-off services may not be confirmed for customers staying at private residences, apartment complexes, or other non-registered tourism accommodations. Customers may be asked to meet at a nearby hotel for pick-up and drop off.
Please ensure that you bring sunglasses, a hat /cap and sunblock with a high SPF factor when traveling with us on this tour – even when it is cloudy, the sunrays still have an immense power.
It is the responsibility of the customer to provide us with the correct hotel information, should pick-up and drop-off services be included in the package. Any changes in accommodation outside 48 hours will be handled accordingly: changes within 48 hours may be on request.
We recommend wearing light, comfortable cotton clothing and comfortable shoes.