Holy Day Tour: Coptic Cairo And Saint Simon Church
OverviewEgypt is a country of three religions (Judaism-Christianity-Islam) so when you come to visit Egypt it is an absolute must to discover the most important and oldest ancient Egyptian churches.
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Get inside tips from a local
- Tour is wheelchair accessible
- All entrance fees included
- Family friendly
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
Know More about this tourStart your private holy day tour to visit the oldest churches in Egypt. The guide will meet you at your hotel then, you will be transported by an air-conditioned coach to visit the Coptic area where you can see the church of Abu-Sergah and St. Barbara, the hanging church and the old Jewish synagogue-Ben Ezra. You will then be taken to Moqatem to visit the important church Simon the Tanner (fl. 10th century), also known as Saint Simon the Shoemaker (Sam'n al-Kharrz) is the Coptic Orthodox saint associated with the story of the moving the Mokattam Mountain in Cairo, during the rule of the Muslim Fatimid Caliph al-Muizz Lideenillah (953-975) while Abraham the Syrian was the Pope of the Coptic Orthodox Church of Alexandria. Simon the Tanner lived towards the end of the tenth century and many Coptic Christians in Egypt, who were also engaged in handicrafts. Saint Simon worked in tanning, a craft known there till this day. This profession involved other crafts that depend on the process, from when Simon carried several titles related to skins: Tanner, Cobbler, Shoemaker. The tour ends here and you will then be transferred back to your hotel.
Inclusions for Holy Day Tour: Coptic Cairo And Saint Simon Church
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entrance fees
- Local taxes
- Bottled water
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Multilingual Egyptologist tour guide
Exclusions for Holy Day Tour: Coptic Cairo And Saint Simon Church
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Maybe operated by a multi-lingual guide
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private day tour to Alexandria From Cairo
- 2-Day Private Guided Tour of highlights in Cairo and Giza
- 3-Night Cairo City Break with Private Guide and Accommodation
- Private 4-Day Cairo Unplugged Tour
- 4 Day Nile Cruise visiting Aswan and Luxor from Cairo
- Nile Dinner Cruise with Transfer
- 10-Day Luxury Golden Egypt Tour from Cairo
- 7-Days 5 Star Cairo and Nile Cruise Tour with Domestic Flights