Holy Tour: Vatican Museum And Sistine Chapel Tour Plus Castel Sant' Angelo Tour - Rome
OverviewJoin this 2-hour intimate guided tour to discover the main treasures of Castel Sant'Angel staying away from the crowded group tours. With your English-speaking guide, you will admire the impressive castles architecture. Once you get inside, you will be led through the several historical stages of the Eternal City and admire the incredible masterpieces hosted by the castle.Then see the magnificent highlights of Vatican City during this 2.5-hourskip-the-line tour of the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel. Explore the Vatican Museums,one of the most extraordinary collections of art in the world. Pause inthe Sistine Chapel, Michelagelos masterpiece, and from there visit at your own pace St. Peter's Basilica and the Vatican Holy Caves where many popes are buried.
Know More about this tour
Begin with Castel Sant Angeloto enjoy an exclusive and unique intimate guided experience that will make you able to appreciate and admire the incredible Castel Sant'Angelo in the best way possible. An official experienced guide will escort you around the castle, showing the incredible masterpieces hosted there and telling you all about the castle's histories along with its role during the history of Rome. Your tour will start just outside Castel Sant'Angelo, where you will find your guide. From there, you will appreciate and admire the incredible and impressive structure of the Castle and its wonderful setting. Once you get inside, you will be impressed by the several treasures hidden there.
During the visit you will see:
Emperor Adrian's tomb
- Popish apartments and bastion
- Tourture chamber
- Historical prisons
- Michelangelo's courtyard
- An amazing panoramic view from the terrace
- Castel Sant'Angelo bridge
and so much more!
Once finished at Castel Sant Angelo, you will reach by your own the Vatican Museums, where you'll skip the line and start exploring the vast collections right away thanks to the reserved ticketthat comes with this tour. The Vatican Museum was founded in the16thcentury by Pope Giulio II, and since then has been enriched by a large number of masterpieces through time. It isone of the largest and most-visited museums of the world, coveringabout 7 km (4,35 miles) of chambers and corridors.You will be taken into the museum by a spectacular big spiral staircase. Inside you will find many masterpieces from different periods of time, from classical Greek art to Renaissance masterpieces of Michelangelo.For example, you can admire the statue ofLaocon and His Sons that is one of the most famous ancient sculptures. Or Raphael'schambers that collect some of the best paintings of this famous artist - such as the Transfiguration, his last one. Admire the major representatives of Italian art such as Leonardo, Perugino, Beato Angelico, and many more. Enjoy a viewover the Vatican Gardens. Towards the end of this tour you will visit the beautiful Sistine Chapel to admire Michelangelos masterpiece: The Last Judgement. At the end of the tour your guide will escortyou to have a privilege entrance for the Saint Peter Basilica. You will visit the Basilica at your leisure, without the guide. Inside you can admire some Baroque masterpieces and the breathtaking Piet by Michelangelo.You can also enjoy a moment of reflectionin the Vatican caves where many popes are buried, including Pope John Paul II. Tour's Highlights:
- Introduction on the Vatican City and Vatican History
- Chandelier Gallery
- Maps Gallery
-Apartment of San Pio V
- Sistine Chapel
and many more on the way
- at the end of tour you will have direct access to Saint Peter Basilica
Inclusions for Holy Tour: Vatican Museum And Sistine Chapel Tour Plus Castel Sant' Angelo Tour
- Entrance fees
- Local taxes
- Professional art historian guide
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
Exclusions for Holy Tour: Vatican Museum And Sistine Chapel Tour Plus Castel Sant' Angelo Tour
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Transportation to/from attractions
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A dress code is required to enter places of worship and the Vatican Museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Student discount is only applied under 26 years old with International Student Card ISIC, to be shown on site
Children discount is applied from 14 up 18 years old with a valid ID card to be shown on site
Infant under 6 free.
Not wheelchair accessible due to some difficulties in Sistine Chapel (if you need an accessible tour please check our special tour: "Vatican Museum and Sistine Chapel special guided private tour wheelchair accessible")
Note: tour will not operate on religious holidays
WILL NOT BE POSSIBLE TO VISIT THE BASILICA DURING RELIGIOUS HOLIDAYS AND CEREMONIES (Audiences, Beatifications, Masses of the POPE). The Basilica is often subject to sudden closures. In these cases it is not possible to guarantee access to the Basilica.
Language: English only
A minimum of 2 adults per booking is required
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Not wheelchair accessible
Group size: max 15 - 20 people
Please arrive 15 minutes before the tour starts
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- GOURMET WINE AND FOOD PAIRING CLASSES
- VIP After Hours Vatican Tour
- Sorrento Positano Amalfi Private Tour
- Colosseum Underground Tour, Arena Floor, Roman Forum & Palatine Hill
- Colosseum Special Areas: Self-Guided Underground & Guided Panoramic Top Tiers
- ON THE BORGIA'S FOOTSTEPS: 2 days private tour
- What the Romans Eat - Rome Monti District Food Tour
- Odescalchi Castle in Bracciano: Entrance Ticket