Home Cooked Aswan Traditional Nubian Meal With A Local FamilyWrite a Review
Get a true taste for life in Aswan by sharing an authentic Nubian meal with a local family. Stroll the Nile Rivers Elephantine Island like a true Nubian, chat with locals about their history and traditions, and find out why the people of Aswan are famous for their friendliness and incredible hospitality.
- Family friendly
- Get inside tips from a local
- Dinner included
- Small-group tour
Know More about this tourImagine your entire village was moved from its ancestral lands because a dam was being constructed. This is the story of the Nubians in Southern Egypt, who were relocated to in the 1960s to the area around Aswan city.
On this Aswan tour, you’ll have the opportunity to not only eat delicious home cooked Nubian food, but also have the privilege of learning about the people, culture, history, and traditions of Aswan. You will visit a Nubian family in their home and experience some traditional hospitality. As a guest, you are welcome to ask as many questions as you like! Learn about their lives and culture, and about the different Nubian tribes living around Elephantine Island.
Your Home Cooked Aswan tour will take you on a stroll around Elephantine Island before settling in for a shared meal with a local family. The styles and colours of the homes in this community cannot be found anywhere else in Egypt, so you’ll want to keep your camera ready!
Then, after you have walked and explored, it’s time to eat! The types of dishes you’ll be offered are among the most favourite delicacies for Nubians. You might get to sample dishes like Bird’s Tongue Soup (don’t worry, there are no tongues involved), or maybe some rice with vermicelli, oven-cooked chicken, Nile perch, and mixed vegetables. But no matter what’s on the menu, be aware that Nubians like to eat a lot — so be prepared and come hungry!
Inclusions for Home Cooked Aswan Traditional Nubian Meal With A Local Family
- English-speaking host to escort you to the family home
- Home cooked Nubian meal
Exclusions for Home Cooked Aswan Traditional Nubian Meal With A Local Family
- Additional food and drink
- Items of a personal nature
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
As you will be visiting a home within a conservative culture, please cover your shoulders and wear pants or a skirt that go below the knee.
For your Urban Adventure you will be in a small group of a maximum of 12 people.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.