This Hong Kong Off the Eaten Path Street Food Tour is meant to give you a more in-depth understanding into the different flavors of Hong Kong cuisine and the common street foods that locals love to eat, and that you would find tasty as well. This is not the Hong Kong food tour thats for shock value. You are meant to enjoy and savor most of the items that you try (most) and will feel like a meal in itself.
Starting at 3pm, we will go to six different tasting locations and sample over ten different snacks/street foods and drinks. So eat light before this food tour.
- Learn about the neighbourhood and the issue with housing in Hong Kong
- Visit our favourite shops around the neighbourhood and meet all the cool shop owners
- Romp around the wet market to see where the locals buy fresh produce
- BITTER: Learn about our inner qi and Chinese medicine philosophy. Try some bitter herbal teas to cool down our inner "qi".
- SPICY: Wonton noodles are a must eat, but it's not the favourite noodles of the locals. Cart noodles is where its at.
- SALTY: Queue in line amid the locals to purchase the most common street food trio in Hong Kong. Its popularity is like a slice of pizza in NYC
- Explore the most famous Guan Yin temple in Hong Kong and learn how to borrow money from the Guan Yin
- SOUR: Taste some Hong Kong style skewers, a shop is a favourite with the university students in the area
- SWEET: Devour a Hong Kong style crepe that is only available in this neighbourhood. Its time to try pork floss and peanut butter together
- Finish everything off with a refreshing dessert
The tasting menu can be adapted for vegetarians & pescatarians. Please let us know at the time of booking.