OverviewDiscover the day tour of Las vegas to see the Hoover Dam in style aboard a Hummer H2. On your way to the dam, watch a DVD in the Hummer that will prepare you for your tour. At Hoover Dam, you'll get the full experience of sightseeing tours from Las Vegas that includes taking an elevator 500 feet (152.4 m) down into the walls of the Black Canyon to see the power plant generators.
- Day trip from Las Vegas to the Hoover Dam under this Las Vegas quad and atv tours
- Explore Dam on this Discovery Tour
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tourA day trip from Las Vegas to the Hoover Dam should be done in luxury – let a driver pick you up at your Las Vegas hotel in a specially equipped Hummer H2 and drive you south to the Hoover Dam. On the way, you can watch a DVD about the dam; you’ll fill up on quick facts as you travel through Boulder City, past Lake Mead and through the entrance of the Black Canyon. When you reach the dam, you’ll be ready for the Discovery Tour.
What to see and do on the Discovery Tour:
Theater Level Displays: Wander through the photos, maps, murals and displays that document the history of the Hoover Dam. Watch the video, How the West was Won, which details the Bureau of Reclamation’s part in growing food and taming the rivers and the desert.
The Power Plant Generators: Plummet 500 feet (152.4 m) down into the Black Canyon’s walls on the dam elevators and walk through the 250-foot (76.2 m) tunnel drilled out of rock. You’ll see the Nevada wing of the power plant, which is 650 feet (198.12 m) long, and its eight generators.
The Exhibit Gallery: Head up to the Plaza Level and browse the exhibits that feature the region’s natural history and show how the dam used to be operated and how it operates today.
Don’t forget your camera – in addition to the stunning views, you may get lucky and spot big horn sheep.
Your total tour duration is inclusive of hotel pickup and drop-off and travel time to and from the Dam; you will have approximately 2-hours at the Dam
Inclusions for Hoover Dam Hummer Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop off (selected hotels only)
- Transportation by air-conditioned Hummer H2
- All taxes and fees
Exclusions for Hoover Dam Hummer Tour
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
Hummers can seat up to 6 guests.
Please Note: We are not responsible for any lost or stolen items left in vehicles. Alcoholic beverages or glass containers are not allowed onboard tour vehicles.
This tour is not recommended for anyone who suffers from claustrophobia, or has a pacemaker or defibrillator. Tours are conducted in confined spaces and in a powerplant with generators emitting electromagnetic frequencies.
Your total tour duration is inclusive of hotel pickup and drop-off and travel time to and from the Dam; you will have approximately 2-hours at the Dam for touring.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.