Horchata Tour And Workshop In Valencia For GroupsWrite a Review
From USD 646.93
OverviewWould you like to know how Horchata is made from this small nugget? Find out on this tour for small-groups to the Huerta Norte of Valencia. You will discover the whole process: from the chufa is planted until the horchata comes to your table. Then, learn to make your own homemade horchata.
- Ideal choice for families
- Led by a local guide
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Small group ensures personal service
Know More about this tourL’Horta Nord of Valencia landscape is drawed by an incredible irrigation system inherited from the Arabs, centenary traditional farmhouses, and little gardens plenty of crops. In this tour you will discover this folkloric countryside and their native plantations, like the tigernut.
Tigernut is a small tuber. In Europe it only grows in the north of Valencia city (Alboraya town), and it holds the Valencia Qualified Designation of Origin.
The horchata is a natural, healthy, refreshing and nutritious drink made with the tigernut, exclusive product of L’Horta of Valencia. The Valencian people loves it, and it is one of the most widely consumed drink, especially in the summer time.
Would you like to know how horchata is made from this small nugget? Get ready to learn all about it in this tour!
First we will visit the the tigernut fields, and we will explain you how it is sowed and cultivated. Then, we will visit an authentic tigernut drying building, situated in a singular horchatería surrounded by the crops, that maintains its original structure and the different machinery for the horchata cultivation, over several generations.
Now, it’s time for action. Carry out a horchata workshop, where you will learn to make homemade horchata yourself. Mmmm it’s delicious!
To finish, we will invite you to a freshly handmade horchata with fartón (Valencian typical sweet), where you can enjoy the beauty of surroundings.
Inclusions for Horchata Tour And Workshop In Valencia For Groups
- Local and professional guide.
- Visit guide (2.30 hr.): crops, farmhouses, drying building. Horchata Workshop. Tasting.
- Tasting: Horchata and fartóns (typical sweet).
Exclusions for Horchata Tour And Workshop In Valencia For Groups
- Transportation to/from attractions
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Guided tours are available in Spanish, English, French,
Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.