OverviewOur fully guided horse treks are suitable for beginners to experienced riders with horses and ponies to match your ability and are perfect for small groups. Full instruction is given by our guides so you feel confident during your trek. You will start on the lower part of Mount Ngongotaha riding over working farmland, climbing further up the mountain through beautiful tree lined native bush taking in spectacular views over Lake Rotorua. Safety helmets are provided. We recommend covered in footwear.
- Perfect for all ages and skill level
- All necessary equipment included
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- Family friendly
Know More about this tourFollowing a 10am, 11:30am, 2pm, or 3:30pm pickup at your Rotorua hotel, transfer in comfort to the trekking base to meet your guide and the horses. Pull on your riding helmet and head into the riding arena so your guide can select the horse or pony suited to your riding experience.
Then, swing into the saddle and head onward through the lower part of Mt. Ngongotaha. Explore working farmland on horseback at a slow and steady pace, and enjoy sweeping views over New Zealand’s pretty countryside.
Climb further up the mountain, through beautiful tree-lined native bush, and gaze out over shimmering Lake Rotorua in the distance. Stop along the way for photographs and listen as your guide sheds light on the region’s rich history.
When your trek comes to an end, head down through the paddocks to base at the bottom of the mountain, say goodbye to your horse then return to your departure point in Rotorua to conclude your tour.
Inclusions for Horse Trekking From Rotorua
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option selected)
- Horse safari
- Safety gear
Exclusions for Horse Trekking From Rotorua
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.