Houston From Above And Below: Chase Tower And Underground Tunnel Tour
OverviewDiscover Houstons amazing web of underground tunnels on this guided walking tour. Learn about Houstons history, culture and architecture as you follow your knowledgeable guide through the tunnel system to visit the Chase Bank Building, Pennzoil Place and One Shell Plaza. Enjoy sweeping views from Chase Towers sky lobby -- the highest in Texas -- and stop by Hermann Square Park and City Hall.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Fully narrated tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Small-group tour
Know More about this tour
Youll meet your local guide and beginyourHouston tourwith a walkdown Main Street towardsthe Chase Bank Building, which features eight frescoes depicting Texas history. With your local guide to explain these pieces, youll gain a greater understanding of the history of the city and state alike. From here,well enter the Downtown Houston Tunnel System and walk over to Chase Tower, the tallest building in Texas. Your guide will lead you outside for a photo op in front of Joan Miros 1982Personage and Birds.
Next on this historical Houstontour,youll cross the street and enter Philip Johnsons award-winning Pennzoil Place. Youll ride an escalator down to the tunnel where youll get a sweet treat at a unique boutique bakery with some of the best cookies in Houston.
Finish your Houston tour by walking through downtowns oldestandnewest tunnels,and see the only remaining portion of a 1913 hotel known as The Cotton before returning to Caf Express with your guide.
Inclusions for Houston From Above And Below: Chase Tower And Underground Tunnel Tour
- Local English-speaking guide
Exclusions for Houston From Above And Below: Chase Tower And Underground Tunnel Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Comfortable walking shoes and clothing is recommended
Please wear comfortable walking shoes and clothing. While the weather outside from May-November can be hot and humid, the Tunnel System is air-conditioned. While the weather from December-February can be cold, the Tunnel System is heated. Please check the local weather forecast and dress appropriately in case of rain and/or high winds.
This is a child-friendly tour. Children under the age of 6 are permitted to join this tour free of charge. Please inform us at the time of booking if youll be bringing a child under the age of 6.
Downtown parking: Do not park in a parking meter for this tour. The meters are good for only two hours, and violation tickets are quite expensive. Please park in an indoor garage or on an outside lot. For more information about parking downtown, go to www.DowntownHouston.org.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.