Howler Monkey Sanctuary From Belize City
OverviewCome hop on a comfortable vehicle on a 30-mile ride from Belize City, passing through the beautiful and relaxed rural areas. The Black Howler Monkeys of Belize are very uniquethe country is the only place in the world where these specific monkeys are viewable in a unique conservation setting that prioritizes education and research. The sanctuary is not a zoo, and you'll see these monkeys in their natural habitat of the Belize Rainforest.
- Close encounter with wildlife
- Family friendly
- Popular choice with kids
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourThe Howler Monkey The Black Howler Monkey Sanctuary is located 30 miles northwest of Belize City and is a unique conservation effort bringing together 8 villages to protect the population and habitat of Belize's Black Howler Monkey, affectionately called "baboons" by the locals. The sanctuary consists of approximately 20 square miles along the Belize River and embodies a combination of dense jungle, pasture, farmland, and small village life.
The Howler monkey tour starts with a drive through the old capital Belize City, then onto to the northern highway to the cut off of Burrell Boom Village. Here you will then travel to the village of Bermudan Landing passing through scenic eco systems. While travelling along the narrow Boom road you can spot the monkeys in the trees. Upon arriving at our final destination, well gear up to hike some trails where we will be viewing the monkeys in the trees in their own habitats.
Inclusions for Howler Monkey Sanctuary From Belize City
- Entrance fees
- Local guide
Exclusions for Howler Monkey Sanctuary From Belize City
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A small amount of walking is involved
Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.