OverviewExperience real adventure as you walk and hike for 4 hours around the legendary Howth peninsula. Head off on coastal paths and cliff walks, through woodland and jungle in the footsteps of a more ancient and magical Ireland. Beautiful, surprising and sometimes challenging journeys between natural beauty spots and breathtaking views. Your guide will regale you with the powerful history, legends and myths of Ireland over 4000 years. You will get the insiders track on the Druids, Celts, Saints and Scholars, Vikings, Normans and the English who made Howth such a potent symbol of Ireland long ago.
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Close encounter with wildlife
- Instant Confirmation
Know More about this tourMeet your guide at Howth Harbour, and head off together to begin your Howth hiking tour. You'll walk uphill and out of the village, getting your bearings on the more rustic paths and trails.
Pass through ancient woodlands, and discover the so-called gateway to the underworld, known as Aideens Grave, as old as the pyramids. Explore the local jungle imported from Thailand by Lord Howth long ago, still thriving on the trails that your guide knows but many locals and visitors don't. Continue out of the woodlands to the southern part of the peninsula, crossing the heathers of Shielmartin Hill, and make your way to the cliff walk that your guide, a former coastguard member, knows better than nearly anyone.
After a short rest at Red Rock, seek out a cave or two (tide permitting), and get a sense of the native habitats below the waterline. Ascend gently along the cliff paths to Baily Green, and maybe enjoy a rewarding beer or soda at the Summit Inn, if you wish (own expense). Then descend the disused tramlines by the steps back to Howth village, returning to the waterfront to end your tour.
Please note: Your tour may follow alternative routes for different tides and weather conditions.
Inclusions for Howth Peninsula Hiking Trip
- Local guide
Exclusions for Howth Peninsula Hiking Trip
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 12 years
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Operates in all weather conditions; please dress appropriately
Comfortable and sturdy footwear is required
Please note: Trails can be soft, even wet, and are generally not paved
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.