Huatulco And La Crucecita Sightseeing Tour - Santa Maria Huatulco
OverviewSample Oaxacan favorites during an afternoon exploration of Huatulco! This 3-hour city sightseeing tour with an expert guide takes you to the main square of La Crucecita, where youll discover the beautiful Church of the Virgin of Guadalupe. Then visit a unique local shop, where snack tastings and a shot of mescal await. Visit a weavers workshop and find fun souvenirs at this boutique in the heart of Huatulco! Hotel pickup and drop-off are included.
Know More about this tourMeet your guide upon hotel pickup in Huatulco and head downtown to La Crucecita, meaning Small Cross. Youll have water and soft drinks available aboard your air-conditioned minivan along the way. Start your sightseeing tour at the zocalo (main square), which together with the park, cathedral, handicraft stores and cafs create the ambiance of an authentic Oaxacan town.
Stroll around the square and visit its famous Church of the Virgin of Guadalupe, which honors the patron saint of Mexico. Inside, your guide will point to the cupola where a 65-foot (20-meter) tall paining is said to be the largest of the Virgin in the world. Not to be missed is a stop at La Probadita, a locally owned boutique selling traditional Oaxacan products. Here, youll find all manner of keepsakes and also visit the weavers workshop to learn about pre-Columbian weaving.
La Probadita features a wide variety of mescal, an alcoholic beverage made from the maguey plant, native to Oaxaca. Try a shot of mescal with salt made of maguey worms, paired with specialty snacks like quesillo (a type of Oaxaca cheese), chocolate and even chapulines (fried grasshoppers). These tasty local treats are fried in lime juice and salt a fine contrast with the cinnamon-laced Oaxacan chocolates.
After sampling this local fare, hop back in your minivan for the return trip to your hotel.
Inclusions for Huatulco And La Crucecita Sightseeing Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Soft drinks and water
- Local guide
- Food tastings
Exclusions for Huatulco And La Crucecita Sightseeing Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.