Huka Falls Return Or One Way From Rotorua
OverviewVisit the most visited natural attraction in New Zealand on this half day afternoon tour perfect for those with a tight schedule!The Huka Falls are the largest falls on the Waikato River, near Taupo on New Zealand's North Island. The Waikato river is one of New Zealand's longest rivers and it drains Lake Taupo - the largest freshwater lake in all of Australasia. At the Huka Falls, the Waikato River which is normally 100m wide, is forced through a 20 metre wide gorge and over a dramatic 20m drop. Every second up to 220,000 litres of water gushes through the gorge and shoots out over 8 metres beyond to create a beautiful blue/green pool. The name Huka is the Maori word for 'foam', which is appropriate as the falling water and rapids certainly resembles foam, especially under flooding conditions.
Know More about this tourThis tour departs from the Rotorua Information Centre at 12.30pm. We make a quick stop on the way to drop some passengers at Wai-O-Tapu before carrying on through to Huka Falls. You will have around 30 minutes of free time at Huka Falls. We then head into Taupo for a 2.30pm drop off before heading back through to Rotorua where you will be finished at around 4pm.
You also have the option to leave your bags with our driver to drop off at your accommodation and enjoy the walk from Huka Falls through to Taupo.
Hotel drop off and pick ups are not available. However, drop offs at accommodation may be arranged with your driver on the day.
Inclusions for Huka Falls Return Or One Way From Rotorua
- Live commentary on board
- Hotel drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Transport by air-conditioned coach or Minivan
Exclusions for Huka Falls Return Or One Way From Rotorua
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A small amount of walking is involved
Vehicles are collapsible wheelchair accessible, however the driver is unable to assist passengers boarding and disembarking due to insurance regulations
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.