Hungarian State Folk Ensemble Performances In Budapest
OverviewHungary is one of the very few countries where folk-dancing as on an incredibly high artistic level. The authentic folk-dance performance take place in the Budai Vigadó, performed by the best professional Hungarian folk ensemble, the Hungarian State Folk Ensemble.Through the performed dances the viewers gain broad insight into Hungarian dance and music heritage with authentic costumes, also covering the traditions of former parts of the country.
- Choice of seating available
- Family friendly
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
Know More about this tourHungarian State Folk Ensemble established in 1951 aims to collect and play authentic folk music and to preserve the Hungarian folk dances and traditional costumes of Hungarian inhabited areas by putting them on stage for the public.
During the more than five decades of its existence, the Ensemble has achieved its goal by revitalizing the culture of the Hungarian people. Their rich and colourful repertoire entitled the Ensemble to be regarded as one of the top touring groups in the world. It has performed in 44 countries across four continents and won the admiration of an audience of more than seven and a half million people. The Ensemble consists of 30 dancers, 14 members of the Gipsy Orchestra and 5 members of the Hungarian Folk Orchestra. The choreographs are all based on authentic dances, some of them were collected in isolated villages with dance elements dating back hundreds of years.
The extraordinary folk music that inspired Liszt, Bartk and Kodly is put on stage by both the Folk Orchestra and the world famous Gipsy Orchestra. Their rich repertoire includes folk music which inspired Hungarian and international classical composers such as Liszt, Brahms, Kodly and Bartk.
To top up your unforgettable theater performance, upgrade it to a complete evening program with Late Night Dinner & Cruise at 22:00.
Let us invite you to a romantic candlelight dinner on one of our air-conditioned, heated ships. The Cruise starts at 22:00, but will always wait for the guests from the theatre to arrive, escorted by our hosts and hostesses.
Hungarian State Folk ensemble - BITTERSWEET -Dance to Transylvanian folk music
Dances from Gyimes
Gyergy Dance Music
Sweet Rose solo
Whirling dances from the Szkely land
Dances from Budatelke
Male dances from Kalotaszeg
Stop Sweatheart chorus
Romanian whirling dance from Bonchida
Male dances from Magyarzd
Romanian dances from the Kkll valley
Forest, forest mans song
Whirling dance from Kalotaszeg
Slow and fast csrds from Gymes
My homeland song
Couple dance from Magyarszovt
Male and couple dances from the Mezsg
Gypsy dance from Szszcsvsi
Gypsy song chorus
Two Transylvanian verbunk
Csrds from Kalotaszeg
Every concert starts at 20:00 consisting of two 40-45 minutes long parts with an intermission in between.
Inclusions for Hungarian State Folk Ensemble Performances In Budapest
- 90 minutes long authentic Folklore Performance
- Dinner & Cruise on the Danube from 10pm (if Dinner & Cruise option selected)
- Buffet dinner (if Dinner & Cruise option selected)
- Tour escort/host
Exclusions for Hungarian State Folk Ensemble Performances In Budapest
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- DVD (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Itinerary:Sample Folklore Show Program:
Hungarian State Folk Ensemble - BITTERSWEET - Dance to Transylvanian Folk Music
- Dances from Gyimes
- Gyergyó Dance Music
- Sweet Rose solo
- Whirling dances from Székel
- Dances from Budatelke
- Men's dances from Kalotaszeg
- Stop Sweatheart: Chorus
- Romanian whirling dance from Bonchida
- Male dances from Magyarózd
- Romanian dances from the Küküllő valley
- Forest, forest: Men’s song
- Whirling Dance from Kalotaszeg
- Slow and fast csárdás from Gymes
- My Homeland song
- Couples' dance from Magyarszovát
- Men's and couples' dances from the Mezőség
- Gypsy dance from Szászcsávási
- Gypsy song: chorus
- Two Transylvanian Verbunk
- Csárdás from Kalotaszeg
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Royal Sissi Tour to the Residence of Queen Elisabeth from Budapest
- Budapest Airport 30-Minute Private Arrival Transfer
- Budapest Airport 30-Minute Private Departure Transfer
- Full-Day Private Tour around Lake Balaton from Budapest by Car with lunch
- Budapest Transfer: Hotels to Budapest Airport
- Shared Arrival Transfer: Budapest Keleti Railway Station to Budapest Hotels
- Budapest Shared Transfer: Budapest Pier to Hotels
- Ruinpubs and Alternative Cultural Spots on a 3 Hours Budapest Walking Tour