OverviewChoose between two incredible tour options and experience award winning food and wine on this relaxing Hunter Valley day trip from Sydney. Let your taste buds come alive as you taste award winning wine and feast on a delicious lunch at Two Fat Blokes Gourmet Kitchen as you overlook the picturesque rolling hills and valleys of the Hunter Region. Depending on your option chosen, either continue on to McGuigan Wines and the Hunter Valley Cellars or visit the Hunter Valley Gardens Village, a beautiful spot to explore the boutique stores and stunning gardens.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Excellent value for money
- Romantic experience, perfect for couples
- Small group ensures personal service
- Lunch included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Small-group tour by minibus
Know More about this tourAfter meeting your guide, travel approximately 2-hours over the iconic Sydney Harbour Bridge and along the Hawkesbury River towards the stunning Hunter Valley Region. Hunter Valley is one of Australia’s top visited wine regions, home to more than 150 wineries, vineyards and cellar doors. The lush countryside offers picturesque views perfect for a quick getaway.
Your first stop is Ernest Hill Wines, a family run boutique winery offering limited edition and award winning wines. Perched on a hill, Ernest Hill Wines offers incredible views over the Broken Back Ranges and Lovedale. Here you’ll stay for approximately 1-hour for a wine tasting which may include a few of their favorites; Semillon, Chardonnay, Verdelho, Gewurtztraminer, Rose, Merlot, Shiraz or their delicious Dessert wines.
Next, you’ll visit Two Fat Blokes Gourmet Kitchen for a delicious lunch as you overlook the stunning grounds of De Iuliis Winery. Here you’ll enjoy either a basic cafe lunch or a gourmet lunch (depending on your option chosen). The gourmet lunch is a two course lunch including a tasting platter with your choice of accompanying red or white wine or beer to compliment your lunch choice.
Once you’ve finished lunch, you’ll have the opportunity to visit the Butterflies Gallery or the delicatessen on site to sample delicious cheese, small-goods, fresh bread and a range of oils and sauces. If you’d prefer to taste another wine, feel free to taste a De Iuliis Wine located within the grounds.
Optional: McGuigan Wines and Hunter Valley Cellars or Hunter Valley Gardens
McGuigan Wines and Hunter Valley Cellars
Dating back to the late 1800’s, McGuigan Wines are a family respected in both the domestic and international industry for their award winning wines and warm and welcoming nature. You’ll be welcomed to a private tasting by the cellar-master where you'll discover the history of the winery on this 1-hour stop.
Next, continue on to Hunter Valley Cellars for your last wine tasting before you head back to Sydney.
Hunter Valley Gardens Village
Stretching over 25-acres, The Hunter Valley Gardens Village offers boutique stores and stunning gardens. Here, there are 10 gardens to explore all offering incredible colors and an array of fragrances. Don't forget to visit the boutique stores and treat yourself to afternoon tea (own expense) or visit the delicious Hunter Valley Chocolate Shop.
Inclusions for Hunter Valley Food And Wine Tasting Day Tour From Sydney Including Optional Hunter Valley Gardens
- Live commentary on board
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Exclusions for Hunter Valley Food And Wine Tasting Day Tour From Sydney Including Optional Hunter Valley Gardens
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
Minimum drinking age is 18 years
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.