OverviewThis small-group abandoned village tour takes you to a picturesque and abandoned ethno-eco village of Malo Grablje, located just 6 km away from Hvar town. Reaching the village we will walk around the village and check the abandoned ruins, as water cisterns, cooperative, church, old mill and others, until we will reach a restored family property, meet our host and try what he and his family prepared.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Get inside tips from a local
- Small group ensures personal service
- Dinner included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Vegetarian meal option available
- Small-group tour
Know More about this tourHeading past the coastal resort from Hvar town, there lies the most beautiful village, the abandoned ethno-eco village of Malo Grablje.
To wander around this village, abandoned in the 50’s, amidst a backdrop of cliffs, gives you an insight into authentic Dalmatia. These homes were relinquished as the locals moved to Milna, in search of a better life, and more economic stability.
The village however, is not totally abandoned. Your host has restored a family home into a small family restaurant, offering traditional meals prepared with ingredients found in the surrounding area of Malo Grablje. Living only by the food and products of this zone, from wine to olive oil, rosemary, sage, capers, and basil. This abandoned village is a testament to the tenacity of a strong-willed culture. Such a beautiful and tranquil setting. Return to the town of Hvar after an amazing dinner.
Local cheese and smoked ham with island extra virgin olive oil, marinated fish
Peka - traditional meal with lamb or mixed lamb and veal under the iron bell covered with the ash (octopus on request).
Simple traditional desert with almonds
Local wine, water, grappa - local brandy made by our host
Inclusions for Hvar Abandoned Village Tour And Local Dinner
- Local taxes
- 3-course dinner
- Pick up and drop-of from your Hvar hotel / Hvar Bust station / Ferry Port in Stari Grad
- Small-group tour
Exclusions for Hvar Abandoned Village Tour And Local Dinner
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.