Hvar Wine Tour And Dalmatian Dinner
OverviewThis small-group wine tour begins in Hvar town with a drive to the other side of the island to the island's most important wine region. Vineyards are all over the island of Hvar. Strong wind and sun are ideal conditions for producing the best quality wine, including Croatia’s only Grand Cru. Plavac mali is the most indigenous grape in the Dalmatian region.
- Get inside tips from a local
- Small group ensures personal service
- Dinner included
- Vegetarian meal option available
- Small-group tour
Know More about this tourGet picked up at 11am from either your Hvar hotel, Hvar Bus station, or Stari Grad Ferry Port, and travel by private vehicle to the other side of the island, home to Hvar's most important wine region. Here you will have the opportunity to visit twoof Croatia's most famous winemakers, operated by local families. The wineries you visit will be two of the three below, depending on availability. At each site, you have the opportunity to taste four or five different wines, accompanied by the island's finest local appetizers.
In the Sveta Nedjelja village, by the waterside, the Plenkovi family formed their horticulturist company in early 1986. The winery is responsible forCroatia's only Grand Cru, and another unforgettable feature is theunique underwater wine cellar overlooking the bottom of the sea.
In Jelsa, a small coastal town with along wine-making tradition, the Tomi family cultivate indigenous grapes as well as experimenting with new ones. Pay particular attention to Proek, the original Dalmatian wine made from selected grapes of the highest local quality.
Last but not least, the Cari family in Vrboska have been involved with vineyards for as long as they remember. However, it was not before Vino Hvar was established that they started producing their own Cari wines. The familyhave 5-hectares of vineyards in a specially designated wine growing area known as Vinogorje Hvar.
After visiting the wineries you will surely have worked up an appetite, so the tour ends with a traditional 3-course Dalmatian dinner in Malo Grablje, a charming 16th century abandoned village. At the restaurant you can choose from delights such aslocal cheese, smoked ham, and marinated fish, andpeka atraditional meal of lamb, veal, or octopus (on request), grilled underneath a domed lid.
Inclusions for Hvar Wine Tour And Dalmatian Dinner
- Pick up and drop-of from your Hvar hotel, Hvar Bus station, or Stari Grad Ferry Port
- 2 x wine tastings with light snacks
- 3-course dinner/late lunch
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Small-group tour
Exclusions for Hvar Wine Tour And Dalmatian Dinner
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Minimum drinking age is 18 years
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Blue and Green Cave Private Boat Tour from Hvar Town
- Pakleni Islands Full Day Private Boat Trip from Hvar
- Chocolate Workshop with Wine Pairing from Hvar
- Speedboat Sea view Wine tasting
- Blue and Green Cave Speedboat Trip from Hvar Town
- Hvar Lavender Tour
- Water Taxi Ride from Hvar to Split Airport
- Private Transfer: Hvar Town to Split Airport by Speedboat