Hwaseong Fortress And Korean Folk Village Tour From Seoul
OverviewExplore the UNESCO World Heritage–listed Hwaseong Fortress and visit the Korean Folk Village on this coach tour from Seoul. Hear informative commentary from your guide about Joseon-era architecture in Suwon, and observe Korean folk customs and handicrafts while you stroll through an open-air village — re-created with more than 200 traditional homes. A Korean-style lunch and round-trip hotel transport are included.
Know More about this tourAfter hotel pickup in Seoul, board the comfortable coach for a 19-mile (30-km) drive to Hwaseong Fortress, a UNESCO World Heritage site. This impressive structure, built in the late 18th century during the latter part of the Joseon Dynasty (13921910), is the official fortress of Suwon.
Explore the gates and artillery towers along the fortified walls, and listen as your guide explains how the fortress was constructed to demonstrate the kings filial piety toward his father and to build a new pioneer city with its own economic power.
Youll spend about 1.5 hours at the fortress before traveling by coach to the Korean Folk Village. Opened in 1974, this outdoor exhibition displays more than 260 traditional houses reminiscent of the late Joseon era, including various household goods and artifacts from different regions.
Head to the traditional market to enjoy a typical Korean lunch of bibimbap (a rice dish with meat and vegetables). If youd like, you can taste other specialties like Korean rice cakes and traditional liquor (additional expense). Then set out on foot to discover aspects of Korean culture and folk customs like nongak musical performances or jultagi tightrope acrobatics. Inside the workshops youll find artisans making traditional handicrafts such as pottery, baskets, bamboo wares, paper, brass wares, fans, musical instruments, embroidery and more.
After your approximately 3-hour visit, re-board the coach for the return to Seoul, with drop-off at your hotel.
Inclusions for Hwaseong Fortress And Korean Folk Village Tour From Seoul
- Entrance fees
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Hwaseong Fortress And Korean Folk Village Tour From Seoul
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Adult pricing applies to all travelers, except for those age 2 years and younger
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.