OverviewSpend a day at the incredible Langjökull glacier, Iceland's second largest ice cap. After being picked up from your hotel in Reykjavik you will first get to travel over the ice on a thrilling snowmobile adventure on the west side of the glacier, before descending into the glacier itself on a visit to the man made ice cave. Hear about how this ice cave was made and see for yourself the layers of ice that form the glacier. You will be accompanied by an English speaking guide, and you can learn more from the personal in-bus touch-screen audio guide that is offered in 10 languages.
- All necessary equipment included
- Likely to Sell Out
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- All entrance fees included
Know More about this tour
After pickup at your Reykjavik hotel, your day trip begins as you head out of the city toward Húsafell in Borgarfjörður. From there, start your ascent to the ice cap of Langjökull, the second-largest in Iceland.
Your 1-hour snowmobiling experience starts at the base at Jaki, situated on the west side of the glacier. Get ready by putting on the provided thermal suits with all of the necessary safety equipment, and listen to important instructions about how to operate the snowmobile from your guide. Then take off on the ice, following your guide across this enormous glacier as you soak up the remarkable surroundings.
Next, go down into the glacier itself on a tour to the man-made ice cave situated here. Your guide takes you on a journey deep within the glacier, where you have a chance to see the stunning blue ice and the chambers that have been carved out of it. Until very recently, what lies beneath the surface of Langjökull was a mystery, but sometimes bold ideas can come to life, and the realization of this man-made ice cave was only possible with help from top engineers and renowned geophysicists. Inside the glacier, where the temperature is usually around 32˚ Fahrenheit (0˚ C), you can see from the layers of ice how the glacier was formed.
After this, make your way back to civilization as you return to the small town of Húsafell. Following a day spent on the ice, you can chose between soak in the warming thermal swimming pool or see the famous waterfalls Hraunfossar and Barnafoss before heading back to Reykjavik. Your tour will conclude with drop off at your hotel.
Inclusions for Ice Cave And Snowmobile Tour Of Langjökull Glacier From Reykjavik With Live Guide And Touch-Screen Audio Guide
- On-board audio guide with 10 languages
- Entrance fees
- All activities
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Admission to the thermal pool (option)
Exclusions for Ice Cave And Snowmobile Tour Of Langjökull Glacier From Reykjavik With Live Guide And Touch-Screen Audio Guide
- Headphones / earbuds for audio guide on the bus (please bring your own, or they are sold for ISK 1000)
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Not recommended for participants with back problems
Operates in most weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Minimum age is 6 years
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.