Ice Cave Tour - Moscow
Overview30 March 8 April We will travel across the Northern Region of Russia to see the amazing Ice Caves, explore a part of the country thats been forgotten in time. Well witness the startling and brilliant Northern Lights, and well wander through empty and forgotten villages and visit abandoned building and churches. Explore a real Russian countryside "off the beaten" tracks! Be ready to see frozen waterfalls and creeks, stalactites and stalagmites, crystals and every other possible state and shape of Ice! You need no special training, just an adventurous spirit, and a love of nature. For more than 1200 km, we will be road tripping in an authentic Russian military van. You need no special training to join our cave expedition; just a thirst for adventure, an open-minded and eager spirit, and a love of nature. Dont let this special opportunity pass you by as you wait for inspiration Just Create it! Now!
Know More about this tour
- Ice caves with frozen waterfalls, rivers, crystals, and snow shapes
- Pristine taiga forests of the Pinega National Park
- Cold, snow and ice of the real Russian winter
- Many-days road tripping from Moscow to the Russian North
- Ice crossing of 3-km width of the North Dvina river
- Real Russian countryside "off the beaten" tracks
- Exotic Northern lights experience
- Local life of the traditional Russian village
- Unique museum of wooden architecture
- Abandoned villages, building, and ancient churches.
- Arriving in Moscow
- Walking tour of Moscow City Center.
- Up nice and early to get aboard our authentic Soviet van.
- Stop at the Sergiev Posad town, a popular tourist location and the spiritual home of the Russian Orthodox Church.
- Stop at the Rostov town famous for its beautiful scenery with numerous churches.
- Stop at the Yaroslavl city famous for its historic city center that was inscribed onto the list of UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
- Stop at the Vologda town for the night.
- Road tripping to the Pinega town (another 800 km from Vologda). Enjoying the beer and the conversation while driving rural highways and stopping at the roadside cafes to see local life and taste local food. Just Russia as it is with vast tracts of virgin forests and rare towns.
- The crossing of 3-km width North Dvina River by ice (it's the official road).
- 100 km of slow driving by slippery, bumpy, and winding winter road. Russian winter, Bible black and billions of stars will surround us in the middle of the empty Northern Wilderness pushing our minds to all kinds of philosophical thoughts.
- Arriving in Pinega.
- Visiting first ice caves
- 3-hours of snowmobile driving through taiga forests to the Cave
- Russian traditional bathhouse
- 12 km off-roading through taiga forest to find a very small wooden house without even the slightest facilities.
- Next three days we will live in the middle of the taiga surrounded by millions of amazing caves and virgin forests. Be ready for trekking and hiking on
- Moving back from the Taiga. The road to Archangelsk includes visiting the unique Museum of Wooden architecture «Malye Karely». Departure by train or by plane.
Inclusions for Ice Cave Tour
- Accommodation as per itinerary
- National Park fees
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- All activities
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option selected)
- Use of helmet
- Small-group tour
- Round-trip private transfer
- Transport by private vehicle
Exclusions for Ice Cave Tour
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Not recommended for participants with back problems
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Not wheelchair accessible
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- 3 Days in Moscow
- Moscow Modern Art Tour
- Moscow Metro Tour
- Private Tour of Moscow
- Private Tour: Kubinka Tank Museum Tour from Moscow
- Private Tour: Golden Ring Day Trip to Suzdal and Vladimir from Moscow
- Moscow Vnukovo Private Airport Luxury Car Departure Transfer
- Moscow Vnukovo Private Airport Luxury Van Departure Transfer